Has anybody tried

rebeccajo99

Well... I just ordered a sample pack from BCN and Candles and Supplies. I like the sample size from BCN better since it was bigger :) So hopefully the 1.5 oz sample size from candles and supplies will be big enough for me to determine which one I like the best!!!

Let us know what you think of each of them. Where they are the same ingredients it would be awesome if they ended up being the same base so we had an alternate supplier if either place went on backorder with it.

I have done initial testing with as little as an oz or two just to see if I liked the base then ordered a bigger bottle to do further testing. The only thing I don't do is color that small of an amount. I was afraid the color would be too concentrated and stain my skin. The I just use the BC measuring chart to figure out how many drops of FO I needed for that size so I could see how it holds the FO (clouds, stays clear, gets runny or not, etc).

Ooh! Thats one I haven't tried. I have the organic hand & body massage cream and love it! Its completely organic and has infusions of certified organic botanicals like chamomile, calandula, and others. I use it on my feet to massage and moisturize. It leaves a nice glowing sheen on my skin.

I've been wanting to try their pearlized liquid soap but haven't had the chance yet.

Their lotions and liquid soaps have improved a lot over the years once they started getting into organic ingredients.

I use the BC sanitizer base. It works well. You need to add less fo than you think. On some fo's if you add to much it will turn cloudy. I always start out with less fo, test it out and then add a bit more up to the max. The base smells like alcohol when you first use it but the alcohol evaporates quickly and then you are left with the fo's scent.

Susan

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys... finally got around to testing both bases (had them for a week now)

Initial impressions

1. both smelled the same

2. both appeared to be the same thinkness

3. both felt the same on my hands

4. both stung the same cuts on my hands:laugh2:

So I think they may be the same (let me know if you have any other questions)

I did not try them scented yet. I am told that some FO's are totally imcompatable with it that will turn them water. If somebody has a scent that they have tried that works, let me know and I will see if I have it and will try it scented for you. Otherwise... I am going to brainstorm and come up with a couple of scents and place an order for a bigger bottle.

Also, if anybody has a good place to purchase little 2 oz bottles that I can use to package them. That would be great. I am going to start doing research on that as well. Hopefully I can get these added to my line before the flu season is over :laugh2:

Awesome! great to know when I am in a pinch and need some ASAP. C&S is a little closer to me. I will have to get a sample the next time I order from them.

As far as bottles go, I get mine from Container & Packaging Supply. But I have also gotten them from WSP in the past (& actually still get my covers/tops from them).

http://www.containerandpackaging.com/index.html

I get my 2 oz bottles at WSP but I've noticed Jody's Soap and Things have some neat looking ones. Anyone order from her. Also I usually got sanitizer at Candles and Supplies but I was unhappy with them after I was told on the phone that I could it would be in my order, then I get my order and it's not there. Called up and they were out. :angry2: But anyway had to find some fast and I found The Chemistry Store has it for even cheaper.:yay:http://www.chemistrystore.com/Soap_Making_Supplies-Hand_Sanitizer_Base.html