Soy Wax / Vendor Problems PLEASE HELP!!

I am going to keep vendor names out so we don't upset anyone, but I have a problem.

We have recently had some problems with our sole vendor for scent, wax, wicks and just about everything else we buy from one source. It seems that they are either too busy for us little people or they just don't care anymore.

The bottom line is this they sell NatureWax C-3 which we love and we use them in the square 8oz Mason jars with HTP83 wicks. BURNS PERFECTLY everytime. In the past 3 months we have had trouble with them switching out scents, dropping the jars (they dont even carry them anymore), and now we are within 15 lbs of running out of wax and THEY are out too for at least 10 days!!

Help me out here.... Can anyone either give me some guidance as to whether this vendor should just flat out be taken from our list or should we keep giving them 200 chances. Also if you can give us some guidance on wax that works with the setup we have going.. square mason, htp83 wicks, normally 1oz-1.25oz scent per pound of wax.

I appreciate in advance all your comments and help on this matter!!!

Mark

This is JMO but, I would find a new vendor. I don't use soy, so I couldn't help you on who has the best customer service for this type of wax. If they keep messing up, you need to move on. Remember, this is YOUR business and you don't have time to have other businesses messing with YOUR business. Move on and best of luck

Christina

No disrespect, but I don't see the point of asking a bunch of strangers what to do about that situation. I'm sure you can come to a reasonable business decision on your own.

As for the wax, I would think it might be better to get C-3 from someone else rather than change waxes. http://www.naturewax.com/distributors.html

I agree that if this wax works for you that you shouldn't change waxes. Also, I wouldn't put all of my eggs in one basket. You should always have backup suppliers in case your regular supplier is out of something. You might also just find that you like something that another supplier carries, better than what you have already. I live in Texas, right by Lonestar. I can tell you that I only buy a few things from them as I have found suppliers that carry other oils, jars, wicks and wax, that I like better. I still use some of their FO's, their dyes, and wicks, but I don't rely on them for everything. I have to say though, that they have never been out of anything when I go to pick it up. But this is your chance to shop around a bit. Not defending them, but this is one of the busiest times of the year for suppliers. Sometimes if you really like the wax, it is better to buy in larger quantities, before the busy season. That way you make sure you have what you need.

Thank you all so far this is very helpful. This is our first Christmas making candles so we are learning as we go a little. Next year this will not happen to us I am sure of that.

The problem with the wax supply is that if I buy from somewhere else I have to get it shipped which raises the cost a bunch. We don't do this to make a million bucks but it is a nice extra income for us. I usually order FO's from her and have them shipped but wax we will go pick up (100 miles each way).

Thanks again for the advice from everyone and hopefully this stuff helps more that just me..

Mark

No disrespect, but I don't see the point of asking a bunch of strangers what to do about that situation. I'm sure you can come to a reasonable business decision on your own.

My dear Top, that seems a bit harsh, hon. :whip:

The reason for the forum is to express yourself. Whether it be business or pleasure, to a degree. I don't think we are all strangers here in a sense. But thats my personal opinion.

Mark, just bite the bullet and get another supplier. It sounds like you are having way too many issues with that supplier. There are too many good ones out there without having to deal with any crap. The added shipping charges are worth your peace of mind.

The problem with the wax supply is that if I buy from somewhere else I have to get it shipped which raises the cost a bunch. We don't do this to make a million bucks but it is a nice extra income for us. I usually order FO's from her and have them shipped but wax we will go pick up (100 miles each way).

With all due respect to my dear Mystical Angel, I persist in feeling that nobody is really in a position to advise you on the vendor relationship because (a) it's your business and (B) you have the firsthand experience whereas we have 2 or 3 sentences.

But again back to the wax. I guess if you're going to have wax shipped it should be C-3 if possible, and if you're going to buy it locally then let us know what you can get locally.

I don't sell a lot so I can't say I have a 'real' candle business but in my association w/restaurants over the past many years the rule of thumb is to ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH A BACK UP VENDOR.. in case the primary vendor lets you down.

Hi Mark,

As you probably already know, the degree of customer service varies from place to place, but a company that is growing it's business strives to make their customers feel welcome every time they shop. If your current vendor is making no effort to satisfy you, then why should you keep making the effort to satisfy them? Why should you continue to reward them for bad behavior? My personal feeling is that I deserve to be treated right each time. If I can't get that, they haven't earned my business. As much as it sucks to pay an increased price due to shipping, I'd rather do that then put up w/ b.s. I've got better things to do w/ my time than allow someone who doesn't care about me/my businss to stress me out.

Good luck on your supplies.