Container Lid question

Lids are really tricky. Plastic liner fitments are the least popular with my customers. They are never sure how to get the lid off (by pulling it you doofuss). Screw off lids or lugs are the most popular. BUT almost all my customers tell me that they never use the lids and could care less about having a lid. Obviously, we need the lid to keep the candle clean and to keep the fragrance fresh and concentrated. If the lid is attractive and easy to remove, then that's all that really matters to most people. Price is critical to those of us that have a tight bottom line. My salsa jars have nice shiny gold lids that screw off and stay put when traveling and are included in the price of the jar. Simple. HTH

Steve

What are your thoughts on using a plastic lid with a liner on candle jars? I have found a nice combo but not sure about using them since they are plastic. Anyone doing this ? Any opinions ?

Was curious if you have a picture of what you are talking about?

Actually I've seen candles using those type of lids, specifically on the amber straight sided jars. I think that combo (jar and lid) give it an upscale appeal (to me at least). Kinda "spa" looking.

I've contemplated doing tht, but then, I contemplate doing alot of things these days! LOL

Carrie

I love the look and sleekness !!

My primary concern is the customers who may extinguish the candle with the lid. I have heard different customers comment that is how they used to put out the flame before I educated them on wick dipping. Still some people don't have common sense :rolleyes2

Another concern you may want to consider is does the lid keep the candle smelling "fresh" even after several weeks or months on the candle. I found out the hard way that not all lids keep your candles smelling as good as they should. Thats why I don't use the 2 piece lids that come with those mason jars or jelly jars. I buy 1 piece lids with a plastic liner on the lid. It made a world of difference how good the candle smelled when you took the lid off. I would just test a couple befoe you buy a large order.

Those are the same lids I use for my candles.

Thanks for posting your candle pics . . .The jar and lid combo is very beautiful !! I ordered a few plastic lids that I will put thru rigorous testing. I feel more at ease knowing others are using plastic instead of metal.

• 7 months later...

I bought a bunch of straight sided jars off of Craigslist that had these lids with them and I love the look. I lucked into getting 10 or 11 cases of 24 w/the lids for only $6.00 each case! I haven't found them anywhere close to that price since. :( Luckily, I don't sell anything so they should last me a while! Can you tell us where you found the plastic lids? I can usually only find the metal ones...