Presto Pot For Melting Bases?

TheWickedWick

I'm a fan of the microwave for my MP bases and the Presto Pot for my wax. Admittedly I've never tried my MP in the Presto Pot but I'm always so scared of forgetting it (cause the phone rang, the cat did something etc...) and burning the crap out of it. At least with the microwave, when the timer hits 0, it stops.

In theory I think it'd be fine in the Presto Pot but I don't think I'd want to use a spigot with it. I'd be too afraid of the soap clogging up in there.

Have you ever tried a rice cooker? That's what I use and it works great. They're not too bad in price either if you wait until they're on sale at Walgreens.

Clean up's pretty good too since you can take the insert out to wash it.

Lori

That's where I got the idea, the soap melter I saw at Michaels looked exactly like a rice cooker except it was about $30 more than a rice cooker : )

Mine was about $20 or $25 dollars? Don't remember exactly. It holds 5-6 lbs of soap. And yes it looks like a rice cooker. The brand name on it is Life of the Party's Soap Kettle. It has 2 settings; warm, and melt. Super simple. It turns off automatically when the soap has melted. Except mine is several years old and the auto part is broke so I manually turn it to warm when the soap is melted.

You can keep melted soap base warm for hours in it without it drying out. It also has a removable inner pot that is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. I just love it. Just wish I had a 10 lb or larger model.

Edited by Candybee