FO not blending in 4794 wax?

Has anyone else encountered this? I just mixed a batch of Pumpkin Souffle from CandleScience and the oil doesn't completely blend. It just sort of sits in the bottom. I thought that the wax might need to be hotter, so I heated it up from my regular pour temp of 175 to 185, but that didn't work either.

This happened to me with a French Vanilla scent I was using in J5050, but I thought it might have been the quality of FO I used, because I bought from an individual and not a 'big box' store.

Any ideas? I am using 1 oz FO to 1lb igi4794 votive wax.

Thanks!

I don't deal with an FO that doesn't mix.......I just simple won't use it and find a replacement that does mix. I only rarely come across this problem, but it does occasionally happen. I guess only you can decide how much screwing around you're gonna do to get an FO to incorporate and if it's worth it. Sometimes, mixing fast, slow, high heat, low heat, using a whisk, standing on your head, no matter what you do, just won't mix the FO. Personally, there are way too many other FO's to bother with a fussy one!! :cool2:

I also use 4794. There are a few oils that I've had that just won't blend with it no matter what. I just move onto something else. It's not worth the trouble. I've tried hotter wax, stirring longer, heating oils, everything. I get this with my cinnamon bun and a couple of others.

Thanks to all of you for your replies!

I noticed I had some definite seepage when I took them out of the molds. I typically only stir until I can visibly see that the oil has mixed with the wax.

I am going to try the .75 oz and see where I can get from there. I'll just test with higher temps, longer stir times, etc. until I can get it right.

P.S. My husband was quite upset when he came downstairs to find candles and no pumpkin pie! My dog laid patiently next to the kitchen, just waiting for me to drop something, too! I figured I would fool my husband, but the dog was quite a surprise. :cheesy2: