What the best way to clean them?

Ravens

I used to use big plastic spoons, would put them in the oven (200 degrees) with the pouring pot then wipe the wax off. Now I use bamboo skewers. There are a 100 in a package and are pretty inexpensive. When you're thru, you just throw it out, no worries of having to clean the darn thing. :yay:

I forgot to add, that when I am testing for color, I use disposable spoons. I just buy a big box of the cheapest spoons (usually store brand.) I thought it was worth a shot, and they have worked great for me. Hope this helps!

Edited by Debbie73
add an idea.

For mixing my batches I use the chinese chop sticks. I also use spatulas from the dollar store. As for the spatulas, I quickly wipe them clean when I am done or I place them in my over for a few minutes until everything is melting, then I wipe and rinse off.(I do not heat my over up high 200 and then I shut it off also) The chinese chop sticks I wipe of quick, and a quick rinse, place out to dry and I am back in business. Now I do go through these though just b/c we eat alot of chinese and we all grab a few chop sticks, just for me to bring home and use for candle making.....sshhh don't tell them though. Oh and these work great for wrapping wicks in to keep them in place when pouring....awesome wicker holder when I can't find my real ones.

Diane

I use a silicon whisk in the Presto and iced tea spoons in the pour pots. When I remove the whisk from the wax, I wipe it quickly with a paper towel and set it on a spoon rest (ceramic). Same thing with the iced tea spoons. If the cleaning job isn't perfect on the whisk, it doesn't matter because it's just gonna stir the same thing again next time. :) The iced tea spoons are real easy to clean 'cause they are metal. Just heat 'em up some way (heat gun, oven set on warm, etc.) and wipe them clean with newspaper or paper towels. You can wash them after all that with soap, but it isn't gonna make any difference to future batches if there is a little residual odor. I use bamboo skewers for some tasks (not for stirring!) and they are also easy to clean.

Best defense against cleaning is to wipe as you go, while the wax is still hot, so there isn't any residue to clean up later. ;):)