Newbie at Candle Making

Hello All!:yay:

I just looked up on making my own candles. I am in the process of looking for the right supplies, and I've gone to a few websites to get "kits" to start me off. I was wondering if anyone knew how to help me get started by giving me some tips on the best supplies to buy. I've done a lot of research, and I've got a lot of things printed out so I can read up on it before I just "start" ... Does anyone think www.lonestarcandlesupplies.com a good website or www.mcsoywax.com (I think is what its called), good websites? Or if you can lead me to the right one that will give me the top of the line supplies. Any pointers or advice is fine with me, I'm open minded!! :) Ready to start a new hobbie and get ready for Christmas gifts!!!

Thanks an Advance, :D

Leigh Cecil

a great start would be finding a supplier in your state or one next to you.. here is a link for suppliers by state http://www.fragranceoilsuppliers.com/csbs.html

next you need to decide what type of candles you want to make, container, votive, pillar ect. then you need to decide what wax you want to use, soy, paraffin, palm, parasoy blends ect..

best of luck to you, and dont forget to test test test..

Well, I did tons of research on the web, and started with cajun candles, just because it's in the next state (LA). Made some really crappy candles to start, then read some more, tested and in about 1 year of reading and testing, had my line set up and started selling. It's a relatively slow process until you get it down and it all just works. Then the sales started! I was hooked! Been doing it now for 8 years.

And I learn more and more every day, thanks to this board...actually I'm even doing B&B now....thanks all!

Good luck and welcome to the board....you'll be a FOHO before long! :laugh2:

Just to answer your question Lonestar is very dependable. I've got quite a few of their oils.

But I do agree to find a place closer to your area. There might be a small one that's not too well known on this board and you could be saving tons of money on shipping.

I was looking over that list (thanks for the link) and isn't it amazing how many are in OHIO....Does anyone know why?

I started out with Lonestar which is very reliable. I would get my wax and containers from there I since switched to Cajuns for my wax for the simple fact that Cajuns is 30 minutes from where I live and I don't have to pay shipping.

I would find a supplier as close as possible for those 2 items because shipping can be a killer.

Signing up for this forum is a good thing because these ladies and gents are ful of info and if you cant find it by searching a thread just ask.