how much fo do you use per lb of soy wax

I use 8-10% for soy.

I try to use oils that I have to use less fragrance to get a great throw. I will use up to 10% if I just love the fragrance. However, my experience with my soy is that not all fragrances will be a strong throw in soy. So, on the ones that I use more I am always testing for replacements that throw as good or better with less % per pound. I guess it just depends on the fragrance and the supplier. I do have a few suppliers that I can use less in most of the fragrance oils.

Most of my candles are a little over 6% as a rule. I always throw in an extra dash when measuring and they provide great results. But when I add that extra half ounce to the mix it gives you that candle that can run you out of the house type throw. I like that result but often times customers don't want a candle that they have to put out because it's suffocating them. I think 7% may be the best compromise in the final analysis.

after reading all of these posts and it being a really crappy day in jersey i decided to test all my fall scents using 1 oz of FO for each except a couple of light ones i used 1.25 oz. Last couple fo years I used 1.50 for almost all ! It will be hard to wait a week to try them. If this works out that would be soooooo cool.

On Sat. As I posted I made scents with 1 oz per pound of GB 415 . I could not wait the entire week ( I know I am such a loser) so I started burning them. I get a good Hot Throw with most in a small room . Here's my question . I made them in small 9 oz melting pots from the jar store 3" Diameter x 3.5" Height. Could I even expect for them to throw heavy in larger open rooms?

How large is large? I have 10' ceilings and a long combined livingroom/dining room and one good 3" 8 oz. widemouth canning jar will fill the room quite nicely with most scents.

I could not wait the entire week

Well, you lasted longer then I have sometimes! :laugh2::laugh2:If you manage to wait a little longer, you might find some of those more subtle scents will ripen. ;)

I use 1 ounce per lb. If it doesn't throw good I drop it UNLESS it would be a dire scent I just gotta have.Then I will look for the same scent elswhere to see how it throws. So far I have had so few that aren't good at 1 ounce per lb I don't worry.Usually doesn't happen for me.

FO is to expensive to have to use more than the recommended amount of 1 ounce per lb.

Using as much as 1.5 ounces some scents(not all) will drown out.

LynnS

for years now I have used 1.25 to 1.50 per pound if 415 . Last week after reading all these I made one of each of my year round scents in 8 oz jj and 1 of each fall scent in 9oz melting pots using 1 oz per pound.

The burn was fine . The same as with the amounts I used in the past. no better no worse.

The HT not the same. Don't get me wrong i could smell them but no where near the amount I could before. I didn't wait an entire week at first but closed them up and tried again now a week and two days later.

I have had candles burning in every room in the house with doors

closed. My family thinks I am nuts( might be some truth to that):shocked2:

I figure if the burn didn't change it may just be a matter of opinion on how strong you like your scents. Since I can still smell them burning I guess it wouldn't be that the FO or the company you get them from is not as good. It may be just a matter of opinion ... how strong you like your candles

The way i see it here on this thread people who answered... 6 people use 1.50 ,5 use 1.00 ,4 use 1.28, 2 use 1.60 and 3 use .96.

now if you are having trouble burning them then I think you have to adjust.

I would love to go down to 1.0 . that's a great save . I will seal them up and try again next week . I need the strong throw:cheesy2: