Good place for metal votive molds...?

Jan

I just got done reading about the plastic molds... geez... i bought a whole bunch of them awhile ago and just used them... (I agree -- what's a candle without scent?) Anyway, my other metal molds are getting rusty from sitting too long.. I am totally bummed. oh well. I'm now on a quest to purchase more metal molds. I thought that I read somewhere that there are different qualities of metal molds. I normally purchase from Candlewic (theirs seem to be the lowest prices that I've seen...). Does anyone have any suggestions or comments about their molds?

Oh -- and west coast would be preferable since i'm in hawaii!

Thanks!

Jan

I'm not sure which type of metal mold you're referring too. The ones that can rust are the tin plate molds. You can order them on the West Coast from Pourette - they make a lot of the tin molds that other suppliers sell.

Candlewic doesn't sell that kind of mold though. They have the seamless aluminum ones. They have good ones, but the best deal on the East Coast is probably CandleScience. Peak should be a good source for seamless aluminum if you want to order from someplace a little closer.

I ordered just recently from Pourette and I love their molds and the price is awesome,,,I ordered 2 and some other stuff and shipping was like 5.86 priority mail to Illinois,,I like the quality of their molds and they are very reasonable on their prices

www.pourette.com

After about a year of using the metal votive molds I went on a search for the aluminum ones. Found them at Missys, (this was about 4 years ago) I know they're no longer in business, but I'm sure they are still out there some place. I would never go back to the metal. But let me tell you, 1/2 the suppliers out there don't know if they have metal or aluminum votive molds. I can't tell you how many of them I had to ask to put a magnet to them to see if they were metal or not. Even had some swear to me that they were alumimun, only to find out when I got them they were metal. I'm just glad I got enough of the aluminum molds from Missy so I don't have to go through that search again.

But back to your question, I heard if you just keep them in a box with newspaper the newspaper will absorb any moisture you may have, never tried it, but that's what I read.

Just a thought, but I think once a year Candlwic gives you 50 votives if you spend x-amount of $. However, you'd need to be signed up to their newsletter to know when that is. And then you might have to figure out what to spend that $ on to get 'em. I know I primarily bought wick spools and pins.

Ok, I must have missed the post or article on plastic molds, so whats up with them? I have some, I havent really used them to much just yet but would love to know what everyone is talking about.

Angie

Forget it I found them....Thanks though

I know that I am a newbie on here, but you know that little package of stuff you get when you buy new shoes or something. It always say's Do not Eat. You could use some of those when storing your molds. That's what they are for the moisture. It's called "Silica Gel". Hope this helps. Christi