OH no.. I pulled a Scented!

The WB is not like the Y;s version to me, this one is like a rustic cinnamon stick, with a bit of clove, very lite and patch which comes off very twig like. The Y to me has some sweet to it, not this one. I like it cuz it reminds me of a campfire smell, even with the spice, there is a smokey touch. This is a dude fav in my houde! I thought Y renamed theirs to purr chouli, or something with a cat on it!

The Gaia is an in your face, just opened the bag of potting soil smell. Not a mud or clay, more regreshing than that and greener. I want to use it in a dsm soap!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You girls have no idea how much you are tempting me to order and I keep telling myself I can't!!!!!!!! Rhonda is only about 70 miles from me and I really want to get into her stuff but haven't even played with the samples we got at the gathering yet. The only things I've worked on since then is 1 batch of soap (Red Tea) and I've been carving like crazy.

I haven't been on the board much but it is good to be able to read the posts and be able to know who all of you are now. I'm already looking forward to next year's gathering.

Nancy

Oh Nancy - you better catch up - she keeps putting them out! At least sign on to receive the newsletters so you can get in on the new sales, those ones for newsletter members only are really significant savings.

I am doing a supreme happy dance cuz WINTER FESTIVAL is being ordered! So happy that one is coming down the pike, it's lovely and my testers went gaga over it - sure to be a holiday fav and I am ready to start pouring some NEW holiday stuff.

Hey that carving looks hard, so you have been working ALOT. I am looking forward to learning how to make those next year ... and I am serious about the red tea soap!

It's the best evergreen I have smelled! Think really aromatic pine with tart fruit and woodsy clove. The description on her site is dead on. I loved citrus balsam from Flickers, but this one is all that and MORE. It's more outdoorsy and fresh, but still so different for a Christmas tree scent. My testers were using it in the summer and lovin' it gone! I got back nothing from their testing - a wick hold in a spot of wax (so much for my warning label). LOL

I did sign up for the newsletter last night and I see that Rhonda is offering significant savings for members. I will definately have to get hold of some of these oils soon.

The problem with my carving is I just bought another warmer, to the tune of $800, which gives me 6 more colors to work with. YEA!!!!! I pick it up this week. Needless to say, that is the reason I can't order from MW right now. I am looking forward to showing you guys just how easy it is to carve and hopefully some of the group will want to look into it further.

Ok Abbie, refresh my memory on the Red Tea. You may be serious about it but for the life of me I don't remember what you said. Sorry.....it's a "senior moment" LOL

Only had one seize on me so far, but I think I was a lil warm on the oils. Will try it again with cooler oils and Full water.

Hi Lori, if you don't mind me asking, which FO did you have the problem with?

Also, I'm going to send out some soap samples with everyones order of some FO's that are coming out and I'd love to get feedback on them, please!

Now I know I'll have to place an order just to get a soap sample :)

Rhonda I sure wish I had known you were interested in going to the PA gathering because I would have loved to have had you ride over with me. I'm going next year so if you need a ride, you're more than welcome.

Rhonda I sure wish I had known you were interested in going to the PA gathering because I would have loved to have had you ride over with me. I'm going next year so if you need a ride, you're more than welcome.

Hi Nancy! I will take you up on that offer!

My schedule wouldn't allow me to go this year (kids in sports, me the taxi driver, etc) but if I schedule way in advance I will make sure everyone knows that Mom is gone! Plus my 16 yr old son just got his license a few weeks ago so that will help alot!

Get with me closer to time but as of right now, I'm counting on going to the next one and I'd love to share a ride with you, thanks for offering!

Autumn Embers - smells like Yankme's Fireside. To me, notes of pine and alot of smoky notes. I will sell it cuz my customers love the dupe.

Harvest Moon - is my next fav coming down the pike! Will sell for me like crazy. It's a sweet spicy scent - not overtly earthy - like mulling spices with a vanilla and nutmeg jolt. Very nice and right on the verge of being foody, without being an edible fragrance. Holds up in soap better than most sweet spices I have tried and only discolors to a pumpkin color in my recipe.

She might bring in the Dark Knight - rumor has it. Think Bay Rum - very manly, exceptional in soap - have not tested it in wax - I think she has. I will sell more in soap and shampoo bars than candles, very sexy!

Oh Abbie.. you are a bad bad woman! :cheesy2: They both sound good... but I may actually skip the manly one. I don't sell much to guys as it is and I already have a couple that they like.

As for the Citrus & Herbal Thyme...

Now mind you, I DON'T rebatch. I pitch!:laugh2:and chalk it up to a failure. However, for some reason I decided to attempt a rebatch on this one.

I followed the directions for rebatching from Southern Soapers.. and by golly .... IT WORKED!!! Looks ALOT better than it did in its previous life and it's SMOOTH!!!

So, since this worked, I will not be re making it for awhile.

I have that one on my list of ones to soap, so I will watch. Glad you were able to rebatch, I am like you - it takes a good one for me to go through that trouble, but more times than not - like with yours - its been worth it. Have you done the Spirit yet, that is next on my list. I am so behind!

The Harvest Moon soap chunk has been next to me for the past couple of days and I am so sold. I hate when she does that to me - two "gotta have them" back to back. Oh and this one turns a nice creamy pumpkin color - gotta love that.

I am getting used to tempting me with stuff my customers will want and like - but when she brings in something that I HAVE to make for ME!! Everything on the bench gets put to the back! I must learn to share right?

I have not tried the flavor oils yet, but they are on the way - I have a tub of tubes to do for the fall - can't wait.

I have soaped the following so far:

Ancient Incense

Bay & Citrus

Citrus & Herbal Thyme

Earthen Oak

Enchanted Spice

Guinevere's Attraction

Merlin's Forest

Patchouli Raspberry

Spirit of Avalon

Thieves

I did soap Sun & Earth... but I MADE the mistake of taking a high liquid discount. I did pitch that batch.

I have yet to put any in wax though.

Tell me what throws well in wax. I use a ParaSoy blend.