My other soaps made today

Thank you all for the compliments on the soaps. I like doing melt and pour when I want to soap but basically don't have the energy or patience for cp, lol. I was going to do some cp the other night, that was my intent anyway, but by the time I got everything done around here (dinner, feeding my 8 horses, mucking stalls, dealing with my cats, the feral cats, the ducks, the dog, lol, eeeeiiiieeeeiiiioooo) I had no energy left and it was already past 10 p.m. sooo I put it off to this weekend.

The color in the Margaritaville soap is a neon green/yellow and the orange soap is just a mix of red and yellow together so I could get a dark orange. I find melt and pour most time take color really well, less is better not like cp, depending on what you are using. I also find that the m&P hold scent much better as well but I do love cp, it's my first love so to speak.

No, as I mentioned I used red and yellow (regular, non neon) to make the dark orange. I put more red than yellow and this is what I got. The mp I used does not have glycerine as the first or water as the first ingredient, it has coconut oil, palm oil first and I find a difference in the mp you can buy that don't have those two ingredients as the first ingredients. Perhaps that is what makes the difference in the coloring of the soap. I find this mp base more like a cp soap

I get my mp from K&W Specialties here in Canada. Ingredients are: Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Glycerine, Water, etc. Go to their website and look at page 37 of their pdf catalogue. I have seen this same base sold also in the U.S. I do add some shea butter to the base or a bit of avocado oil, or whatever you would like (sweet almond oil). Forgot to mention that also add some aloe vera powder some times as well. It's a great base.