Fishermans Soap

Candybee

At the market today a lady asked me if I had any fisherman's soap? I assume its soap that can wash out the smell of fish off your skin but I really don't know as I've never seen or heard of it before.

Anyone know about it? Is there a special oil that acts as an odor eater you can incorporate into your soap?

I ended up selling her one of my pine scented soaps. Its the strongest I have.

When I first heard of it, I thought it was to get the fish stink off, too. But, after doing a little research I found that the purpose is to mask the "human" smell from your hands. I found many sites selling it, and some users swear that the fish are also attracted to it somehow.

One of the guys I work with says he sees it in different bait and tackle shops. I made a batch using anise, but it's still on the curing rack.

My son sells bait to shops fishing lakes etc. Now another idea?? He is making a killing doing this but also has a full time job as a supervisor in a food plant.

He always loved to fish and got his daughters interested.Now that they are teens he decided to buy and sell bait to shops etc.

On Memorial Day weekend he stopped in after delivering to a few lakes near us.He had sold over $2,000 worth of bait. Just those few days.

I clicked on the fish soap link and it says not accepting orders.Also said it could take up to 2 weeks to get a order!!!!! OMG

LynnS