Clamshell wax ???

LeahRB

From the way everyone talked I thought I could not possibly afford the KY tart wax with shipping but I emailed Vickie and lo and behold it will be cheaper for me than I am paying for the Eco PB.....So I will be placing an order this week. :yay:

I just hope I get the great results like all these rave reviews I have read about it...LOL

Emily

I wanted to tell everyone that with 10 lbs of wax and quite a few sample FOs and clamshells, she only charged me $9.00 for shipping. I was blown away. Oh and the tart wax is awesome. :yay:

• 4 weeks later...

I used NG 100% soy wax for both my candles and my clamshell tarts the last batch I made. I didn't even think about needing any other type of wax until later (oops)

When I openend up the package and broke them apart, it was fortuently okay. They are a bit crumbly and don't break apart perfectly but - the end result is they melt and smell beautifully for hours on end :D In the picture below you can see how they broke apart..

strathglass_001-224x223.jpg

~* Sarah~*

• 11 years later...
On 7/7/2009 at 7:30 PM, Georgia said:

I'm with SingleYellowRose...I blend my container and pillar wax at 25/75. Works great and I don't have to stock 3 waxes.

Question: When you say you blend 25/75, is that 25-container(say, 464) and 75-KY Tart wax?

9 hours ago, TallPineCandles said:

Question: When you say you blend 25/75, is that 25-container(say, 464) and 75-KY Tart wax?

That would be my guess. I'm throwing my two cents in since it looks like those that were in this thread haven't been on in a while. I've used KY wax and love it except for the dimples. I have found that a repair gets rid of them and they have smooth tops or I add some container wax to the blend but I add 4630 because I want more paraffin than soy. You can also get this wax from  Virginia Candle and Flaming. It seems a couple more places have it too. Just Scent I think is one.

Thank you Belinda. I take it that the KY Tart Wax helps to harden the container wax a bit. I just received (today) 40 pounds of the KY Tart Wax from Virginia Candle. Man what fast shipping they have. And as for the dimples, does it really matter much in a cube pack?

On 7/8/2009 at 7:43 AM, Barbara AL said:

Vickey prices on shipping is very reasonable you can email her for a quote and give her your zip code she will email you will the shipping costs.

Barbara AL

Forgive me for asking this question because I feel I should know....But, who is "Vickey"?? LOL

18 hours ago, TallPineCandles said:

Forgive me for asking this question because I feel I should know....But, who is "Vickey"?? LOL

I'm thinking she was the person that owned Rustic Escentuals at one time. They're owned by Wholesale Supplies Plus now but their site still says Rustic Escentuals. 

As far as the dimples, no it doesn't matter, it's going to melt anyway. I just hate them LOL! I did see a guy on a youtube video pouring it the other day and his were pretty smooth. I think it depends on how fast it cools as to getting dimples. 

Where are you located? Check the prices from Rustic. Right now for some reason I can get 40 pounds shipped to me for only $15. From Virginia and Flaming the shipping was around $25 or more.