Clamshell wax ???

LeahRB

I also use Ky Para-Soy Tart/Votive Blend. Make perfect tarts without having to blend waxes.

Directions: Heat to approx 165, add color, fragrance and pour into foil cups or molds. Pour temp will be 155-160

For clamshells you need to pour at a lower temp so the Ky Para-Soy Tart/Votive Blend works perfect and only one pour is required.

I use pillar (feather) palm wax in my clamshells. I tried using the glass glow, but it just crumbled, in general, they made a big mess! Palm wax needs to be poured at 200 degrees for containers or pillars, but when doing clamshells I pour about 175-180. If you don't, it could melt the clamshell.

Debbie :)

The only wax I don't have shipped is J223 cause I can pick it up. Is the wax from Ky very expensive to ship or is it just about like anywhere else? I think I usually pay close to $30.

From the way everyone talked I thought I could not possibly afford the KY tart wax with shipping but I emailed Vickie and lo and behold it will be cheaper for me than I am paying for the Eco PB.....So I will be placing an order this week. :yay:

I just hope I get the great results like all these rave reviews I have read about it...LOL

Emily

I also use KY tart wax as part of my own blend. The shipping prices are great and quick too. I've never asked for a quote but I'm always surprised that its under what I estimate myself. The only thing I don't like is that I do not know when my package has shipped and this last time I ordered (this past week actually) one of the bags of wax was ripped open and spilled. Luckily it was not the tart wax or cleaning it up would have been near nightmare levels lol.

Leah..if after trying the KY wax and you notice your tarts have smooth-like dimples after setting up and if it bugs you, I add 20% soy and it smooths it all out. Just wanted to let you know this just in case it occurs. I emailed Vickey at KY and she said sometimes this dimple thing happens and suggested the 20% added soy to combat it. The soy didn't affect the HT or consistency of my tarts. Tarts still popped out of my molds after a few minutes in the freezer and came out of my burner just fine-again after a few moments in the freezer.

Just a little FYI

Karen

Leah...I heat to 165* add FO 1.5 oz per pound stir for approx 2 minutes to incorporate FO and pour around 150*. I do add 20% soy (GB 464) to get rid of those little dimples. Sorry..don't add dye so I don't know about that. I'm making some tomorrow and will be trying dye in it for the first time. If you do them today, post and let me know how the dye works. I haven't read anything on past posts that anyone had any problems using dye.

Have fun!

Some days my brain takes a day off too :cheesy2:

I use: 12.8 oz of KY Tart wax

3.2 oz of GB 464 (I've used C-3 too..don't see why you couldn't use 415. I'm not familar with the 415..but hey, what the heck-I'd give it a shot). The only reason I use the soy is because from time to time without it I get these smooth-like little dimples on top. It doesn't look bad at all and doesn't affect the way the tart melts or anything. The additional soy just makes the tops smooth.

I use 1.5 oz. of FO. Don't use dye, however, today I'm going to test some in this mix.

Have fun. The KY is a really easy wax to work with. I've been very pleased with the CT & HT and after a few minutes in the freezer, the way it pops out of my bowl. All my testers have given my tarts a thumbs up.

Karen