CDN verses CD wicks

• 2 weeks later...
don't bend over into the wax like the cd's did

I am not aware that the chemical treatment which makes CDs (Stabilo) different from CDNs (Stabilo KSTs) has any bearing on the wick "bending over into the wax." I have not had any of the CDs or CDNs I have used bend over into the wax. Perhaps this is more of a function of the wick wax that was applied to the CDs you purchased.

yes you need to wick down with the cdn's. I go down about 1 size. I love these wicks they burn great and rarely shroom and don't bend over into the wax like the cd's did.

Thanks. I've been trying the CD 20 and the CDN 20 side by side. The CDN is burning a little better, so thought I would try the CDN 16 and it is doing alot better than the other two. It has a good melt pool but is mushrooming a little too much. So I just put a CDN 18 in and I'll see how that one compares. I just got the three sizes to test with, hope I can get one to work.

Could any of you recommend a supplier for the CDN wicks. I just read that (Just By Nature -who is closed) had a good CDN.

I use soy wax and wick most of my candles with HTP 126 and 1212 that I purchase from Candle Science.

Thanks

Stella, I have seriously considered ordering the smaller CDN's, now maybe the larger too, and reselling.

I just can't find what I want and I don't like it. They are great wicks, as you know, and really need to be out there more!!

Danielle

I just don't want to get stuck with a bunch of off size wicks.

I just don't want to get stuck with a bunch of off size wicks.

I think this is the precise reason that finding CDNs under size 8 and over size 22 has always been such a problem. I too have been thinking of reselling so that I can justify buying the larger quantities. CDNs have performed so well for me, I simply refuse to switch! ;)