Sandle?

kitchenfairy

I just tried mixing Ocean FO with the play sand. I used .5 oz of FO to 8 oz play sand. I also tried 1 drop of blue liquid soap colorant. Its a bit damp and the colorant didn't mix at all. I seem to have some flecks and no blue color whatsoever. I am thinking colored sand like Kaylor suggested is the way to go.

I will try it out on my electric burner after I give it a chance to dry out a bit.

yep. it's sand. darkly dyed and strongly scented. not damp at all, no sign of FO settling out.

fairly fine grain.

lanceandcoco - no it's not granulated wax - it really is sand.

We got the Tropical Vanilla. IMO it STINKS

http://www.candlewarmers.com/ProductDetail.aspx?prod=372

ETA: no risk of WAX spills, but the jars are full, the lids are tight, and the stuff spills very easily. I don't like.

How does it say to use it? I read the site but didn't see where it said to put on warmer or in a tart warmer or just open the lid like the water gel things.

Forgot to post this before, but I got my fine white sand online at Discount School Supply. I only bought 1 of the 5# bags to see if I like this process. It absorbed the fo in a day with periodic shaking. I'm going to try another batch this weekend and dye this one with liquid dye.

Directions: Use a candle warmer to heat the sand and the fragrance will spread throughout an entire area. Candle warmers that heat with a lamp, at th eopening of the jar, are preferred. The heat lamp hits the samd direct and the smell is instant. Close the lid between each use and shake the jar to provide a strong scent each time. A potpourri crock-pot or tart waremr works also. Sand can be used outside of the jar. Patent pending.

To which I would add: Filled very full so expect to spill some when you open it.

Oh, and it's my guess that the thing can probably hold a LOT of heat (it's sand, remember) so handle the jar carefully if it's hot.

VERY strong fragrance straight from the jar without even warming (but like I said - the tropical vanilla is nasty). But precisely how much is "an entire area'"???

Well, it looks like more thing I am going to have to add to my "try list". Seems like coloring it would not be too hard since you mix the color with the oil first....at least I do when I make Aroma Beads.

I would think that adding the color after would be horrible!!

Well I'm not crazy about the FO in the play sand experiment. I got a migraine within an hour of mixing the sand and FO and I only used 1/2 oz of oil I have used before in soap and candles with no migraine reaction.

Maybe it has something to do with the sand... or the humidity. Not sure. But it will be a while before I can test it in my electric tart warmer.

I also think that using colored sand or even the fine white sand would be the way to go. The play sand didn't color very well. The blue liquid soap colorant I used turned the sand a grayish green.