Air freshener People!!!!

tlc26

Ok so what on earth do you use to punch the dang hole for the string? I can not for the life of me get a hole punch to go through this stuff!!! Maybe I just need a new hole punch! Mine does have some miles on her!!

I tried with a knife but it looks to sloppy! What is the trick!!!??? Is there a special heavy duty crafting hole punch or something? How do you guys do it?

I bought one of those leather hole punches and never could get it to work. I use a flat head nail. Just set it inside the cookie cutter where I want the hole and pack the beads around it. That way when I get them out of the cookie cutters they are ready for packaging. Saves a step for me.

I also made some minis for some small Christmas trees I am decorating for a show. For them I just use a large needle. Thread my string thru the needle eye and push it thru the ornie. Good luck.

If you're talking about the gel aroma beads that you heat up, I found that heating up a wick pin and sticking it in the spot where I want the hole works really well. It doesn't leave a giant hole at all, and it slides in really easily. Very easy to thread the string through as well. If you're talking about the paper air fresheners, I found a heavy duty punch at michael's on sale a while ago- they might be those leather punches everyone's talking about! :) HTH

I was asking about the cardboard ones! I will keep the other suggestions in mind though for when I finally try the ornies!!

Sorry I was not specific

I think my hole punch is just to old and worn.

Thanks for the tip Candle Man! I will pick up the smaller one and check it out!!

I use a blunt end tapestry needle. You may have to twist it back and forth a couple of times before it goes through the cardboard, but it will. I use thin satin ribbon to hang mine and thread the needle with it when I'm making the hole and pull the ribbon right through the whole, the ribbon makes it just wide enough and doesn't look sloppy 'cause its the exact size you need.