Moonshine scent

What the heck does moonshine smell like? 100% grain alcohol?

Wish I knew but apparently their customers did. They are located near the Country Music Hall of Fame hwy. I think it winds through the Smoky Mts. Moonshine must have been a popular drink and brought back good memories.

I'm betting that that would solve the racing fuel smell all the racers around here want too.:yay: Go forth and find it for me LOL

A lot of racers got their start driving Moonshine. They learned how to out drive the "law", soup up their cars to go really fast. What a life those early drivers must have had....

Thanks Scented.

Yeah, Stella got it. It's a very strong alcohol smell. I don't see how anyone would WANT to smell that. My dad was a moonshiner when I was a kid, and it stinks to high heaven. That corn mash was rank!

Make something sparkly and citrusy and call it "Mountain Dew".

I've been thinking along the lines of farmerjill. Maybe it is not the scent of actual moonshine but a scent simply named moonshine. A scent named moonshine could also be moon beams, moon light, you get the idea. Or like she said hillbilly homebrew would give the idea of making moonshine but doesn't have the smell.

Do you think they mean something like NG's hillbilly homebrew? That's kind of a spiced apple-ish woodsy thing. Can't remember if I ever got a whiff of alcohol with it.

I never picked up a whiff of alcohol when we had it.

My first thought was Hillbilly Homebrew but it's just a yucky scent but worth the try.

Maybe the customer could give you a hint to what it smelled like..

Yuck, moonshine needs to be mixed with something or I'm lying on the floor.

A lot of racers got their start driving Moonshine. They learned how to out drive the "law", soup up their cars to go really fast. What a life those early drivers must have had....

Thanks Scented.

Yeap. The first stock car races begin during (and as a result of) the prohibition period...when the production and/or sale of liquor was outlawed. Stock car racing (NASCAR) was all started from moonshiners here in the mountains trying to (very successfully) out run the local sheriff & company so as not to get caught with their illegal "shine".

There's still quite a lot of moonshine still made here in the mountains of east TN.... :) but why anybody would want a candle in that scent is beyond my comprehension.

Mt Annie in TN (Where the "moon" comes over the mountains...in gallon jugs).

=========================

A few years back Bluegrass carried a bourbon and a whiskey scent but I see they no longer have them. The whiskey was as close as anything I've smelled to the real thing and I think it would have passed. Shine is similar but it does have a note in there that smells like corn that has soured. I'd look for an alchohol scent, maybe even a wine. Hillbilly Homebrew has no alchohol to my nose so if they are looking for the real thing, it wouldn't work.

• 3 weeks later...

My Brother-in-law who is now deceased used to bring moonshine from his hometown in SC and they made it and it had peaches in it!! And I have also seen him with a jar of moonshine one time with a bunch of cherries in it and he and his buddies would eat the cherries out of it and boy would they get drunk just eating the fruit, and by the way yes he was an alcholic ~so maybe even something with a fruit?? I don't know?????:confused: