My leaves

SatinDucky

There is nothing wrong with that. Is is just different and I'll bet that there are people who would buy that before they would buy mine. It's a beautiful candle and the leaves just speak for themselves. I only post a bunch of stuff to give people ideas, but I steal a lot too......inspiration is necessary. Donita

Hey guys,

Just want to try this.. Not sure if there are directions for this, but could someone tell me what kind of wax and how to do this please? You dont have to go into too much detail, just kinda give me a hint.. pleaseeee

Thanks

Christina

I don't know that there are written directions anywhere, and don't get real fancy, but I can give you my steps...

Make a hurricane shell w/ high MP wax. Round, square, ball, whatever.

Using thoroughly dry pressed flowers or leaves (silk flowers taken apart so they're flat would work too, I believe) apply tacky wax to the back with a paintbrush and stick on the shell. I personally brush some on top of the flowers/leaves as well. Use a heated knife to smooth, seal it down and remove air bubbles. Overdip in plain paraffin at 200F. While warm, press out any air bubbles with your finger tip or a roller. Overdip a second time and plunge into water bath for a shiny finish. (Thanks Donita for the tip about straight paraffin for overdipping instead of high MP wax!) Wait... that's not right. Thank you for everything Donita!! :yay: The ideas, techniques, assistance, patience, instructions and help with pressing flowers, boy this list could go on forever :grin2:

Umm, yeah, I started out that route...I couldn't get them to come close to the same size. Filling the balloons with a measuring cup doesn't work and my eyeballing is way off. Then that last time I had the wax a bit too hot and the balloon exploded. Decided I didn't care for that much :embarasse