Need to Vent

MrsUte

I was setting up for my very first craft show this evening and I'm in a room next to another candle maker. No problems there I was quite pleased with my set up. They saw I was selling candles as well and one of them said something to the effect - "We've got the best store - going to do mighty well tomorrow" (followed by hyena like laugh). Now, they didn't say it to me, but they could have waited until they were out of earshot. Just bugged me a little. I'm already nervous enough. Thanks for listening and wish me luck!!:smiley2:

It's called intimidation. :P Don't let them get to you. I was in a room with 3 other chandlers and I did very well at the craft fair I was entered in. Be positive, smile and talk to customers. If you believe in your product, your customers will, too!!! Good luck!!!! :smiley2:

What a tacky and rude thing to say.I think they are jealous and need to make themselves feel better.They are feeling inferior and afraid they won't do good and just making you look bad.Let us know how it goes.Those are the ones who lose out in the end.For that remark I would not even talk to them but if one word is said I would never let them know if I had a good or bad day.

LynnS

• 4 months later...

I've only been in one craft show, and had the very same thing happen. Two ladies standing not too far away going on about my packaging, or some such thing. Just made me all that more determined. No worries, hon...you show 'em up, and make them eat those words!!:grin2:

Cheryl