Coffee filter wrapped Soaps

candlelady

Previously posted pics of my Pink Sugar soaps...I'm not a soap maker by any means, but was tinkering around in the shop today.

Here, I have wrapped them in coffee filters (from a previous post I read)...We are in a rural area, and homemade/rustic items really sell well!

Thanks!

Carrie

post-5219-139458454542_thumb.jpg

They look very sharp! I feel like I am missing something, I thought MP soap can only be wrapped in cello?

Noooo.. that's not true at all!

You can wrap it in Plastic wrap, or coffee filters as shown above, or cigar bands (made of heavy duty paper)

You can wrap it in tissue paper, and regular printer paper that has a design printed on it.. you can wrap it in material like burlap, or cotton, or whatever.. the possibilities are truly endless. I have a friend who wraps hers in wax paper! She slaps a cute little label on it and they look lovely!!

People really need to research MP soap! It is such a versatile and wonderful thing, and don't ever listen to folks who try to tell you that it's not real soap, and isn't as good as CP, HP, or other processes of making soap. It's just simply not true!

prairieannie, 100% agreed on your last paragraph :) I love MP, and possibilities are endless. My hands just can't catch up with my ever exploring mind :D

So, I CAN warp MP into anything I want? I wouldn't want to put a cigar band on it, because I still feel like the soap needs to be protected from hands and dust, etc.

I am like you Siberian.Soaps need to be wrapped.I have always wondered how to wrap it but after Prairie Annie's posts the ideas are endless.I think about anything but that cutsey labels are the touch that makes it.All about packaging and labels. :)

The ideas are endles.I need to jot them down. I will come up with some cute label.

LynnS

M&P soaps not wrapped in cello or sarah???? I've tried it, and have gotten calls from stores that packages are seeping and leaking from the soaps breaking down due to humidity. Even though they've been tested by myself, my family and friends across the country, it depends on where your customers are going to store their soaps, how hot and humid those places are.

My soaps always wrapped in cello or saran (if anything else, for cleanliness) then wrapped with cigar bands.

M&P soaps not wrapped in cello or sarah???? I've tried it, and have gotten calls from stores that packages are seeping and leaking from the soaps breaking down due to humidity. Even though they've been tested by myself, my family and friends across the country, it depends on where your customers are going to store their soaps, how hot and humid those places are.

My soaps always wrapped in cello or saran (if anything else, for cleanliness) then wrapped with cigar bands.

The coffee wrapped soaps are adorable, but I'd wrap my soaps in cello first, then the coffee filter.

If it's humid enough to make the soaps break down, does the saran wrap even help?

Just curious..

This thread has been really informative. I wrap mine in cling wrap (yes, I know it has the capacity to warp the scent) but here in Aussie our soaps will be seeping by the next day. When they do, they look woeful and feel greasy to touch.

I'm going to try the cello idea. Although I must say, cling wrap looks great

Cheers

Hells

• 2 weeks later...

In the summer time I definitely wrap my mp soap in saran wrap because as it might sweat, the soap will adhere to anything and pick up dust particles very quickly. In the winter time however, I wrap mine in wax paper alone and they keep extremely well without shrinkage.

• 1 month later...

^^ I see, I live in the desert and it gets up to 105+ on average (on a cooler day in the summer):laugh2:. So should I put it in the boxes with the cut out and saran wrap it and put it in there? Or saran wrap it and put a cute label on?

Or saran wrap/coffee filter look?

The coffee filters wrap are adorable! And I agree your labels look nice.

I have wrapped my soap in cello bags, tissue paper, soap boxes, shrink wrap, organza bags, and cigar bands. I have not tried coffee filters or saran wrap before. I gotta give those a try.

I like the idea of saran but worry about the fragrance fading. Has that been a problem for those that use the saran wrap?