Neon or Pop colors?

Jeana

IMO, the POPs, but you can't get a great pink with them, so neon pink. Although, I happen to like the neon green and even the orange or purple too. Blue is pretty, but I think one has to use more of it and I think the blueberry pop is prettier.

I used tangerine pop. About 1 tsp pp, and it only turned out a pale orange, very pale in the end soap. Going into the mold was super vivid orange, I was really excited. It is still a nice soap but not bright like I wanted.

Do all of the neon turn out bright? How much pp do you have to use?

While I love the POP colorants, just know that they do fade after time. I still would highly recommend them though. I haven't used the neons yet, so I don't know about those ones.

Recently, when I used the tangerine POP as I have done so many, many times, my color completely faded. There was no sign of any orange color at all when I unmolded the soap. That was a first time for me that I had any problems with the POP colorants.

I experience a lot of fading with tangerine too. That's why I wondered if neon would be better for the other colors. I asked Kaila from TKB about them both. She said the powdered neons can be 5-10 times stronger than pop colors. That sold me. I bought mostly neons.

• 2 weeks later...

I would get both if I were you. That's what I did because I wanted the neons since I love bright colours but wanted the POP's to experiment with and to make makeup with too. I ordered an ounce of each and sometimes use both POP's and neon's in soap.

When I use it I eyeball the amount I use but I love them both.

I have used the pops too..

for a pink..the raspberry is nice..the checker board soap that I had in the gallery..which didn't turn out the way I wanted..lol

it was made with the raspberry pop..I think it made a very nice soft pink..I am sure if you wanted it much darker just use more..

I used 1/4 teasp to 1 lb of soap, and got that light pink color..

I haven't used the neons but I've used the POP and haven't had any fading yet. It's been probably 3 months? I actually did the Fruity Loops 6 layered in them to compare with BC's micas and they looked identical to me and I didn't have issues with either one.

I can get bright vibrant colors but I do use alot. LOL I don't know exactly how much since I just dump, I don't measure. LOL But I'd guess in my 2 ladels worth of swirl color I use at least 1 tsp. For the whole batch I use probably 3-4 tsp.

• 2 weeks later...
Ohwhataday,

You might want to try Columbus Foods Soapers Choice.

Barb

That's the one place you'll probably come closest to finding all the oils and a few butters.

WSP might be another and maybe MMS (the Sage) and there's another place in Texas -- Texas Natural Supply (maybe it was)