Business Opportunity? Bwahahahaha

prairieannie

Wow. Check out this "business opportunity" and see if it leaves you as dumbfounded as it did me. Don't forget to view the slideshow of the Easy Candle Making Process...only photos no instructions, and i suppose it gets the general point across.. if you pay close attention to the site you will see other links on things that are all based on this same idea.. HOW FREAKING SCARY this is..

www.candlerevolution.com

www.candlewealth.com

I'm not sure how I missed the thread back in August..but somehow I managed to. The more I think about the kind of horse crap we are up against in this business, the more amazing it is that any of us can actually find some respect in this world as candle makers and business people. This whole deal sucks for two reasons, one being that there are folks who still are willing to sacrifice their time and hard earned money to "get rich quick" and two being that some idiot who obviously knows nothing about making candles with integrity wants to make a mockery of something that I am passionate about. I find it insulting all the way around.

The slide show just shows pics with no instructions, what kind of nonsense is that and what about testing :mad: ?? I still consider myself as being a newbie, but I know that testing is a must in this business. A person can't just melt some wax, add fragrance and color, a wick and pour without testing their product that's a accident waiting to happen. It just bothers me that those who take candlemaking seriously have to suffer because, of a get rich quick scheme as this one. Trust me, I have spent way more than I ever thought when I decided to expand on this hobby and I don't think I've seen half of that come back to me..but I am sure with patience and endurance I will reach my goal but until then it's test, test, and test.

Sorry to ramble!!!:embarasse

I took a look at their video and thought it was pretty good for what they needed. It showed us, simply, how to make candles. It's not to teach us how to make them but to SHOW us how it's done. They did a great job with that.

I don't are about the money making part of their business. That's neither mine nor your business but it's not right to bash a web site. Period. It's fine if you don't like it or if other people don't, but to make a post mocking someone's work isn't very ethical or nice.

On to another topic.. to hate a site and to link to it is as useful as being a Menards store and posting a map out front to the nearest Home Depot. Each link you post to a site, whether good, whether bad, HELPS that site gain rankings in the search engines. If you don't like them, you shouldn't post a direct link to them. Post the URL but make us copy and paste it in. Otherwise they profit off your post whether you're anti-them or not. So I suggest you remove the links or in a way, are you not then as bad as them because you're supporting their web growth?

I was never fond of company or web site bashing (like people bashing MS Windows all the time). If you don't like it, that's fine and dandy. No one can please everyone and you should expect that any site or business you find, someone here will LOVE it, some will LIKE it and others will HATE it.

For this site, I am indifferent as I only saw the video. But there are probably people here who don't hate the site but are afraid to come forward now because of all the negative attention.

This wasn't meant to be a rant, and for that I apologize, but just be nice to everyone whether you like their site or not. If you don't, make your site compete and whoop their's out of the water.

Perlgoodies, you have made your point and I respect that, the problem is is that I get about 4 or 5 emails a week from a couple who belongs to this group and I have emailed them and asked them to take me off their mailing list and they replied bytelling me to unsubscribe which I never subscribed to in the first place and if I unsubscribe then they will sell me email addy to someone else. I see that you are in the web design business, are you also in the candle business. Those of us who have literally spent thousands of dollars just to sell our first candle do not

1. Appreciate anyone who says it is easy. Sure it is easy, to make a candle that will burn down the first house it is lit in.

2. The soy versus parafinn thing , please, it is getting sickening.;

3. Showing a woman with no safety equipment, in her kitchen microwaving wax to make a candle that is going to make her 6 figures.

So yeah we are a little defensive when it comes to this kind of stuff, I could have come up with this program, I could start doing it now. I wonder what disclaimers you have to sign before you start cooking candles on the grill and selling this companies product. OMG I kill me. LOL No really I hope this isn't offensive but you build websites and don't make candles so maybe you would feel a little differently if it was a website showing you how to build websites with crayola crayons.

Perlgoodies, you have made your point and I respect that, the problem is is that I get about 4 or 5 emails a week from a couple who belongs to this group and I have emailed them and asked them to take me off their mailing list and they replied bytelling me to unsubscribe which I never subscribed to in the first place and if I unsubscribe then they will sell me email addy to someone else. I see that you are in the web design business, are you also in the candle business. Those of us who have literally spent thousands of dollars just to sell our first candle do not

1. Appreciate anyone who says it is easy. Sure it is easy, to make a candle that will burn down the first house it is lit in.

2. The soy versus parafinn thing , please, it is getting sickening.;

3. Showing a woman with no safety equipment, in her kitchen microwaving wax to make a candle that is going to make her 6 figures.

So yeah we are a little defensive when it comes to this kind of stuff, I could have come up with this program, I could start doing it now. I wonder what disclaimers you have to sign before you start cooking candles on the grill and selling this companies product. OMG I kill me. LOL No really I hope this isn't offensive but you build websites and don't make candles so maybe you would feel a little differently if it was a website showing you how to build websites with crayola crayons.

I am not in the candle business as you stated but the idea is universal for anyone who offers products or services. There are people who claim web design is so easy and it's silly to pay someone to do it for you. That does get annoying to some degree but I get over it. It isn't what these people think that bothers me, it's the 98% of the other population who's thoughts and opinions matter.

I have a friend who makes candles and bath/body (she's the one who got me to come here) so in a way, I don't very much appreciate people calling candle making "easy". But let's face it. Everything is easy and everything is hard. Everything is easy when you learn the ropes. Even computer programing! I know a lot of people afraid to even try to program but I can honestly say "Yes, it's quite simple.. once you know how".

The safety issues are a totally different topic. Maybe there was a fire extinquisher on the floor we didn't see? The only part in themovie that caught my eye was the package arrived to her door OPENED.. and I laughed a little at that :)

I mean no offense to the board but criticisizing is great, but don't attack them.

Perlgoodies,

Here is what CW says:::

Friends don't let friends burn paraffin...

Who's bashing who here???

Read what they write about paraffin use:mad: !

http://candlewealth.com/audio/docs/flyer_bw.pdf

I am not saying it is right, by any means to bash anyone... But on the other hand, they are competitors, and set themselves up by bashing parrifin users.

Well, no wonder I am not rich yet. Maybe I need to get a cat?

No wonder I'm not rich yet, my cats just lay around all day watching me work:tongue2: I better make them watch the CW video and crack that whip:whip: .

I think it is funny CW doesn't tell you about how you'll be tearing your hair out because just when you think you have a perfect formula and routine, something will come along and screw it up. The weather will change, or the manufacturers change their formula. If people think it is easy let them try it. Personally I think most people are all too willing to let other people pour the candles. I try to talk to people all the time about it and they get bored out of their minds.

I think people try to over simplify many professions. Once people really dig in this and see what it is really like they will realize they are over their heads and that they bought into a gimmick.

The thing that REALLY bothers me is that this scares people! I use paraffin because my customers want really strong candles, yet I have people coming up to me saying, why don't you use soy, it's so much better for us and the economy...and it's really like, pick one- do you want a really strong candle or do you want a candle that's good for the economy? I read about paraffin and soy when I was deciding which one i wanted to delve in and I chose paraffin because it was NOT dangerous- and now there's all this bashing going on everywhere, not just by this one website (but they don't help matters) and it frightens customers away! I have people ask me if my candles are soy and when I say no, they just walk away! So aggravating to see a website basically dedicated to eradicating paraffin candles!

I haven't watched the video or been to the site, but I know the company. Can anyone answer these questions?

1. Do they include the wicks and jars in the package? If not, is the "chandler" supposed to just pick their own without any knowledge?

2. Is their wax 100% soy wax? Remember the Mia Bella thing? Talking about paraffin sucks this and paraffin sucks that and then they were busted?

3. Are they crazy? What a liability. Okay, that question is mostly rhetorical.