Some soaps I did the other day...

Michi

This mold is a PITA but I think the soaps came out quite cute, if I do say so myself!

teensoaps.jpg

I made this log with a clear base on the outside with glitter inside, but it looks sooo yellow! Of course my "ultra clear base" from SFIC looks yellow to begin with??? Kind of pisses me off.

Anyway, my daughter says I should leave it like this, but I was gonna put it in a loaf mold and put an opaque soap around it, so that in the end it would be rectangle soap, but I don't know now, since I'm pretty disappointed in the outer layer.

heartlogsoap2.jpg

heartlogsoap.jpg

heartlogsoapend.jpg

Thanks for looking!

They turned out so cute Michelle! don't know how I missed them yesterday. Did you use a dropper for the fushia pink? I know how tricky it can be to pour a small amount like that- you did a GREAT job and adds adds so much to the soap. What are the scents ? (I looked in the title before I asked -LOL :grin2: ).

I have only done single soaps so I'm not familiar for the loaf molds. How did ya get the pink inside and the outer layer a differ color? I like the glitter you did too- so cute. I will second that WSP's extra clear is awesome as long as to don't use the wrong fo to change it mucky (ask me how I how :sad2:).

GREAT job :) !!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. :)

I'm still pretty bummed about the heart log, so haven't done anything with it yet. :rolleyes:

Maryann, both the teen and the loaf are scented Pink Sugar. I have those tube molds to make the heart log. Make the smaller pink loaf, then place inside the bigger heart, and pour the clear/glitter. That's it, super easy.

For the other molds, I just poured from my pyrex, what a PITA, the soap was cooling even before I got the whole section filled, since it's such a small amount, and that made it hard to fill each small little section, KWIM?? I'm afraid using a dropper, the soap would just solidify in the dropper before I was able to squirt it out.

My next project is some Chinese symbol molds I have, my daughter has her bedroom and master bath done in an oriental theme, so I thought these would be nice for her, but after the teen mold, I don't know if she's gonna get any. LOL

Thanks again everyone.

You can do (I have faith) !! That sounds cool please post when you do 'em I'd luv to see them.

Did you us a vanilla stabilizer for the Pink Sugar ? (if not that's why your soap turned). Do you remember the little girl I embedded in the soap w/ the hearts on the bottom? They were Pink Sugar and the soap turned BROWN :sad2: so it became my soap. I got a vanilla stabilizer from WSP and it has helped but the soap still turns a little. It did it to my whipped shea too (looks like rust marks in it). I LUV this scent just wish it would behave in products.

I don't think it was the FO b/c it's yellow to begin with, and I've never actually left it clear before, so never really noticed how yellow it is, but now I'm anxious to see if it keeps getting darker b/c of the vanilla.

And no, I don't have the stabilizer, I swear I'm going broke, actually already am broke, b/c of my obsesssions. :eek::(

I'm waiting on some Nag Champa I bought from someone on the classifieds to try out those chinese symbol soaps (scent request from daughter), but I'll definitely post them if they turn out.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Maryann, it really helps.

Sorry to hear you sweet little girl turned brown on ya, bummer, she was sooo adorable, did you just pull her out and put her in something else?

I told you I hunted high and low for those little cuties and couldn't find them anywhere right? Made me sooo mad cuz they are too cute, and I just know little girls would LOVE to have those.

Oh well, I've got enough embeds to keep me busy for the next 6 months I think. LOL

I may have to break down and buy some of WSP clear base, but I swear their shipping kills me!! It's ridiculous how much they charge, plus their "handling fee". :rolleyes:

Back to work for me.......

I know what you mean about their shipping, but they have such GREAT stuff (including vanilla stabilizer :grin2:). I'm about to place an order w/ them- good thing I do the bills as I just placed an order w/ MC for over $ 400, trying to get that price break so I ordered 200lbs of wax and guess what ? my shipping was $ 80, I think their shipping is high too (or more so the handling part). I need to lay off the B&B and start making candles for the holidays :grin2:

I went back to get more of those little girls at the Dollar Tree and they were gone! That's what happens at that place, there one minute gone the next. I want to find the Strawberry shortcake girls like you posted in soap ago time ago.

I have to agree, the WSP base is best if you want "clear". I use SFIC base for anything that doesn't have to be clear just because I like thier base better, but their clear is NOT clear, has that yellow tint to it, hate it. And I've been using the stabilizer from WSP for a few years and it's amazing how well it works.

Plus I have to throw this in....the neutralizer they have for lotions has worked so well on my vanilla scents. My vanilla based oils would always turn my lotion brown, now I have some that are over a year old and they are still beautifully colored, I just love that stuff.

And I don't think the log is that bad, not what you were after, and I understand your frustration, but most people wouldn't even realize it's got a hint of yellow to it. Another thought, maybe when it's cut into thin slices it won't look so yellow, just like the logs of the clear base, it looks so yellow, then when you take a slice of it the yellow isn't quite as noticable.

Thanks again everyone, I hope they sell. ;)

I can't remember where she said the nag champa is from, but since I've never smelled this before, I'll have no clue if it's "good" or not, I'll just be able to tell ya if I like it or not.

I'll let you know when it gets here Maryann. :)

• 3 weeks later...