bath cupcakes

ditzy1

I thought I'd try a different approach at bath bombs. Since I absolutely suck at forming them into molds, I tried the "cupcake" idea that some have done. (thank you for the idea)

This one is actually a 2 in 1 bath item. The bottom is the typical bath bomb recipe that will fizz when put into the bath. The top is a mixture of bubbling bath butter with some shea butter added. I whipped it and piped it onto the top of the bath bomb. It comes off separately from the bath bomb. I have a few people trying them together in one bath (which I did and it was awesome). I asked a few others to try them separately. (hence the 2 in 1 gift..lol)

Someone suggested that I try using the top for a shaving lotion, but haven't gotten that far yet.

I found some cupcake boxes at a party store and they fit perfectly in them.

Please forgive the terrible pictures as I'm not really good at that yet.

th_015.jpg

th_009.jpg

th_003.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Thanks all!

I did try to whip some m&p soap in with the FBB first, but it made it the devil to pipe on top. That's why I went with the shea butter...lol. I may try again with soap sometime...but for now, I'll use these up...lol

The bath beads are a cute idea too!! Will keep that in mind...

Thanks all! Lyndsay, I just played early one afternoon - not sure how long it took to actually make them. BUT I DO KNOW that if I can do it, anyone can...:laugh2: I think it took me longest to try to figure out how to put the topping on half way decent...lol. Guess I should have paid more attention to when Mom used to do cupcakes....lol

Thanks again all!!

Hey ditzy, those are just so cute! I've been doing the cupcakes with whipped CP on top and would much rather use the FBB cuz I think it makes a wonderful bubble bath! I had also tried it with the FBB and M&P and actually was making it work until I realized I couldn't label it properly to sell. I had never thought about adding any butters in to harden it up! I made some today using 3% (which is the max additive I can add into WSP's FBB) and am hoping they'll harden some. Can you tell me if yours hardened up and do you know about how much you used? I'd love to make these work like this! So much quicker to put together than whipped soap! LOL

LOL I got it and responded but I did forget to tell you that yes you could have posted that here. :smiley2:

Thanks for the info. I might play around a bit more with it. I sure wish one of the suppliers that sell the FBB would get a break down on ingredients and plus in 1 ingredient for us. I asked WSP for a break down on the FBB & M&P recipe since it was on their site I figured they'd have it and they told me to just put the ingredients for one and then add the ingredients for the other directly after...ummm I'm pretty sure that's not legal. Though someone can correct me if I'm wrong! Wouldn't bother me to be wrong on that because their recipe really did make probably the BEST bubble bath ever! I was even going to use that recipe for solid bubble bath until I found out I couldn't label it right. :sad2:

Thanks again for the help and ideas! :smiley2:

ditzy, those are so very cute! I haven't used FBB yet, but that sounds alot better than the whipped soap. Mine still hasn't hardened up since last summer when I made them.

Here's a stupid question. How in the world did you get the bath bomb stuff packed down in a cupcake paper? I must be missing something here and obviously need some enlightenment :laugh2:

The bath oil beads for the top are a great idea. I didn't think they made those anymore... man, I need to get out and visit some bath shops more lol.

Louise- I have this "wooden thing" - for lack of better words, in my window ledge, that my Grandma had for years. I don't know what she used it for. It kind of looks like a mallot with a rounded end. So - when I was pressing the bath bomb into the cupcakes I glaced up and noticed it. I washed it off and added a little saran wrap around the end and pressed down hard. It worked like a charm. My daughter laughed at me because I actually had a real use for this "dust collector".....:yay: