Let's go back to that red coloring again

Scented

Tried some red that Carrie sent me (thank you!) and I'm actually seeing orange instead in the #40 alum lake from TKB. I was curious, does it start out that way? Hoping not, but wondering just how much you guys use of it to get red.

What I used was about 1/2 tsp mixed in glycerin, which I had a beautiful red before adding soap. When I added about 3/4 c. of soap to it, mixed, it went orange. Right now my midnight pomegrante is definitely orange lol.

Don't mix it with flaming red from Southern Soapers. That appears to be a darker orange, but in all fairness on the soap I used that with, I am sure the FO and TD have a lot to do with the discoloring.

Haven't it, but it goes orange-ish red on me at 1/2 tsp. Pretty in the bag, but not giving off what I'm looking for and too expensive to use the whole bag to see if it would give what I want.

I'll wait and see what happens with this #40 at the end of gel in about a day. It went from orange to a very light orange and has since decided to darken. I know, don't talk about color till it's done, but I think it's simply cycling through various oranges lol.

Might be one that I will need to use more than 1/2 tsp. I know with TD in the batch, it turns it orange or a spicy looking orange, but again this one also is just starting to hit the gel state.

Yeah I asked Kelly to post on a pix lol! I'm tired of hunting for reds, but going to seek out some Red 30 now to go with the Red 40 and see what happens. I still have a few soaps to make that I want red in ... and since I'm no longer getting red out of anything it ought to be interesting to see what does come out lol.