My New Candle Label

Please do not be offended...but it looks homemade. LOL...I know it is, but you know what I mean. And I agree...it is a little big. It has been my experience that a lot of consumers would rather be able to hide the label, like if they are using the candle for color, or putting it in their favorite holder.

I hate my label too...it is very plain. I have tried spicing it up a bit, but my customers revolted...lol

I think it should definitely be much smaller. At least put some color or a graphic in the backgound. Or maybe if you printed that on a semi clear frosted label. Think they sell 'em at office depot or max. It's took me almost 2 years to finally perfect my label and I still hate it...

I'm not taking offense.I asked. I can shrink the size but as far as looking "ordinary" this is the only forum that has said that. I have the same pic in a thread in the general forum and most say they like it. As far as ordinary, I have been spraying glitter on them to shine them up a little. Just didn't have time to on this one. Took some candles to my work and most seem to think the glitter label added a little pizazz to the candle. As well as accented the name Sparky's Candles. The glitter also takes some of the "plain" away. The labels peel off clean so if the customers don't want them on there they can take it off. But thanks to all for their input.

I had a country label and friends said I should make it more "Sparky". Guess they didn't understand the whole idea behind the name of my business. I wasn't going for Sparky-y, it's just a nickname. Anyway.... so I went back to my original idea. Here's a sample of something, still got to tweak it a little. I added a few with the different scents I have.

post-9408-139458454008_thumb.jpg

post-9408-13945845401_thumb.jpg

post-9408-139458454011_thumb.jpg

I like this label over the other. Given the jars you have displayed in the gallery, I think it's a good idea to keep the country/prim look. Are you hung up on having the name "Sparky's Candles? " Why not just "Sparky's?" I believe you had mentioned wanting to branch out into bath & body and if you keep the name short to "Sparky's", you have more marketing options. JMO.

In the future I might change it to something like Sparky's Scents, or Sparky's Scent Shop, or shoppe, or something to that degree but because I have already purchased my domain name for the year I'd like to keep it while I continue to build my customer base. I thought about when I do change it something will be posted on my old site like "We have expanded" Or "New Improved Site". Something to hide the fact that I changed my mind, again, LOL. I am not even close to offering my B&B porducts so for now I hope I am safe. But thanks for your input. Sometimes I feel like I get snappy on here but then like my BF says, you're the one who asked their opinion. LOL. I am very happy with this new label. Thanks everyone!

Ok so I'm wondering, is that the style of jar you will use, because I don't think it goes with your labels.

Glad you're ditching that first choice, but I don't see the second choice working on that glass either. I don't have the rustic/prim feel with it. I actually think it's an injustice to the glass to try to make it that.

Actually I am going to use this label with those jars.:PLooks around everyone as they gasp in sync. I'm going to try it out. Ask the custmers, even my online customers that I don't see face to face or know personally, what they think about them. I may go with a more elegant look for those jars in the future, but I have quickly come to the conclusion that I am not going to please everyone (this board is a perfect example!) And I am not going to rack my brain, or lose my hair trying. In my opinion if you are buying a candle, because of the label, you are buying it for the wrong reason. I know I know, I'm pushing my limit, but so far all of my customers (yep, every single one) have been repeat customers, and that was without the label, so I figure if I choose the wrong style, they may make a comment or turn green, but they are still going to come back for more candles. I have concentrated more on the fact that people are able to "custom" order their candles from me and I think that is one thing they think is unique. Someone can order a apple scented candle and have it purple. I assume you all do the same as well. I am lucky, I live in a small town and that seems to make it a little easier to market my candles. Maybe if I stop trying to create a label, one will just appear in my head, LOL. I also make a "business card" like magnet, which I include with people's orders so even if they lose or wreck my labels, business cards, or receipt they will still be able to have my contact info. Customers love those as well!

Don't think I am mocking anyone's advice. I'm not. Just realizing, like I said, I can't please everyone.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that I also add rafia to the jar near the top and tie it. Seem to give that style of jars a country look, or at least I thought so. I could be wrong. I do fall down and hit my head a lot!!! :laugh2:LMFAO!!!!!!!! Can u tell I have had to much caffeine?

Scented, I agree wholeheartedly. That jar it very modern/contemporary looking and I don't think a rustic label fits it very well.

What about something like this??? (I just fussed around and whipped it up quick to get an idea going)

SAMPLELabel.jpg

This got made up on DH's laptop, so precise/fine stuff can be easily refined with a REAL mouse, but it's just a general idea. Take something like that, give it a shot or two of glitter to make it shiney and have a blast. The graphic can be done in just about any color to match scents even so you keep a colorful appeal in an elegant way.

you know what would really help you is having a logo made you need something more then just a font

packaging can either make or break you so it is worth spending a few dollars to have one made if you can't make one yourself

just something to think about