My New Candle Label

I really like the 2nd label out of the ones shown. I think if you did it on a little smaller label and set it down the jar a little with the raffia and maybe one of those rusty stars or heart ornaments (my local craft store has them in little packets of 6?? for a few $$ with the doll house/wood accents stuff). That would give it a more prim look to go with the label.

I use that style jar too an love it because it can be dressed up or down with the right label & accents.

That said, I TOTALLY agree with Misty (:wave: stranger!) on the labeling & logo. I just paid to have mine redone and all I can say is WOW what a difference!! I am completely redesigning my packaging & labeling around the new feel of the label and it looks SO much better. What I had was "good" but the new logo takes it to a whole new level.

• 3 weeks later...

I have got to agree with most. I depends on the market your looking for. If your going for the friends and family with an occasional farmers market, then I think it is fine. If you are going for something more let say marketable, you are going to need to do something more unique and eye catching.

Having been doing wholesale accounts with many businesses, I honestly have to say not one of them would ever consider those for their boutiques. No offense just being honest.

You mentioned this is the only board that has commented that.... well many people on here will not tell you it looks great but laugh at you behind your back. Or tell you it looks great because it is the nice thing to say. Most people here are business owners, and we value the opinion of honesty. You can either take it or don't. But you asked for honesty well that is what you'll get here. :smiley2:

That being said, I stated earlier it depends on your market.

Honestly I don't like the look of white labels. Looks to "printed at home".

Hello,

I am by no means an expert....still haven't "perfected" my label yet, however, I definately like the second label much better. I thought the first one was very plain and looked like something you had to put on because you had nothing better.

As for the jar, I think that to each his own. If you are going for a more primitive looking style, then add the items needed like the raffia or a more rustic looking lid to help achieve it.

Now with all that said and out of the way, your final decision maker should be your customer base. If your customers start making comments like "WHAT did you do?" or "What happened?" then I would re-think things. But if your customers are happy with the look and more importantly the quality, then do what makes them happy.

HTH

Michelle

Hello Sparky,

If I may, I have a few suggestions....

I too, like the second label...If your trying to create a prim look on that jar, another option you could do is use the 2'nd label but print it on a brown kraft paper.....That will then start your look...Also I like the idea of raffia around the neck...Good idea....(by the way, that looks like a keepsake jar, is it not? I use the same jar myself but I use a rust lid myself and sometimes a wood lid...) Also you do a beautiful job coloring your candles so why not downsize that labe some so you can see the actual wax?l...My label on that jar is a 3x3 square...You may think its small, but when you put it on the jar, its such a beautiful size and in such proportion. In looking at #2 label... if you play with your fonts you can get your tag line underneath your name....And it doesn't have to be centered under your business name either but off to the right due to the picture on your label...Also another thing is you have custom made hand poured candles....You really don't need the word "candles" on that line as your business already states it...so that will give you extra space....

When you design your label try not to take up all your space on your label. It will give it more balance.....We all know how hard it is to come up with ideas....God it took me forever to design my label I'm sure just like the rest of us....

Your label and packaging of presentation is really so important. We spend so much time in trying to perfect the best quality candle that we put out with endless hours of testing, so it really I think is so important to put that last finishing touch on our candles (our labels)....First impressions are lasting impressions...I've always been a firm believer in that if I saw a beautifully packaged product of a candle, the first thing that comes to my mind is, is that that candle must be an awesome product....so I'll buy it!

Just thought I would throw out a few suggestions.

Trappeur