Soy Candles in Square Jars?

Hi! I would love to try some candles in cube/square containers, but I'm wondering if they would have problems with the wax getting stuck in the corners. Also, most of the containers I like don't come with lids....I know that will limit stacking them, but would it affect the fragrance to have them "topless"? Is anyone using square containers? (I'm just finishing a batch of C3 and am going to try either the KY125 or their pure soy blend.) Thanks for any info!:)

Thanks~~that's great to know. I like the idea of a square jar without a label on it, so I'll probably try to do a label on the lids and maybe put the co. name on the warning label. Now to make a decision on the wax to replace C3.... I talked to a guy at Cargill who told me it was being "phased out", so I'd rather not try to start making my actual "to sell" candles with it if it's going to be a problem to get in the future. This is not a business venture for the impatient! :smiley2:

jvdfjdfkfkerjrtty
[quote name=Catlover:)
:(
do a label on the lids and maybe put the co. name on the warning label. Now to make a decision on the wax to replace C3.... I talked to a guy at Cargill who told me it was being "phased out"' date=' so I'd rather not try to start making my actual "to sell" candles with it if it's going to be a problem to get in the future. This is not a business venture for the impatient! :smiley2:

KK, I looked at Genwax and found some great square containers, but couldn't see where they had lids. Do you know where I can find them? I'm about to give up on the square and go with a traditional round jar....sigh... Thanks~

I just bought a couple of those from the Dollar Store today! Same brand, everything. It's just the lid thing that's stumping me. I saw some brands of candles that had clear plastic lids with little holes in the top that would just fit over the edge of the container....I just need to figure out where to find something like that. I feel so stupid...this can't be that difficult!:angry2: I thought about the cardboard insert too, but seems like if the wick wasn't just so, it wouldn't fit right?

Now to make a decision on the wax to replace C3.... I talked to a guy at Cargill who told me it was being "phased out"

I thought Elevance was calling the shots now... :confused: Their affiliation with Cargill is confusing to me... I thought Cargill was out of the NatureWax deal - they've taken all reference to it off their site. Perhaps this "phasing out" relates to the following thread... I think everyone who weighed in there had batches from the new Elevance label... http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79910

Questions:

• Is NatureWax C3 being "phased out"?

• Is the "C3" people are complaining about being "different" (in the thread referenced above) the "new" C-3?

• Has C3 become an unstable, unreliable product (like so many other soy-based waxes)?

I've been watching the thread above because I still have some of the "old" Cargill NatureWax C3 to pour and am HOPING that Elevance gets its stuff together before I have to re-up. :shocked2: I do NOT need bubbles...except in diet coke and champagne... ;)

Has anyone invited the Elevance reps/chemists etc. to CraftServer? I know we had a couple of NatureWax folks pop in to answer questions a couple of years ago about V1 & P1...

The C3 I got from Cajun Candles just a month or so ago has the bubbles too, which would look great if were a bath product...although it does burn well with the CD wick. Anyway, I'm not taking a chance on more bubbly candles , but I can't decide between GB415, 464 or KY125. But that's for another thread. I have to make a decision!:waiting:

On the cube jar though--they are really nice looking. I have a couple of the 3x3 cubes and when I had one set out on the desk beside me my DH was tempted to tip some Jack Daniels in it....I guess it does have that cocktail look! I found some square jars w/plastic lids on Genwax site (I didn't look far enough down the first time), but they aren't as thick looking as the Libbey jars. I did find a co. who will do boxes, cardboard wraps, etc., so I may see what they have to offer. I do not want to spend too much money up front, but I do want a high-end looking candle. Still going to try the frosted glass and see how it works. Once I get the wax I want to try. Sometimes it sucks to be a Libra.

I think candles and supplies out of PA..sell plastic dust covers in diferent shapes and sizes...it wouldn't hurt to check it out.Another thing..I had a friend who made candles in a jar that had no lids and she took clear contact paper and made her own.

I have used the 415 and 464 not the Ky125..(although I heard it was the same as 415,you may want to do a seardch about that) I think it would be better just to go with 415...once you get the method down for the smooth tops you can't beat the hot throw.415 is so popular I can't see them getting rid of it or changing it anytime soon..like C3..wow.I have a few friends who use that..well good luck...:smiley2:

Kimmeroo

Ok, I'm not much of a soy fan, but I have tried it and have tried it with square jars. I LOVE the squares I get but there usually is some wax left in the corners that doesn't get melted completely. I could probably tinker with my wicking to fix the problem, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Ok, I'm not much of a soy fan, but I have tried it and have tried it with square jars. I LOVE the squares I get but there usually is some wax left in the corners that doesn't get melted completely. I could probably tinker with my wicking to fix the problem, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

You said you use Cd wick's? That's what I use too...for those jars I ended up with 2 CD 12's....but it all depends on fo's too.You could make a couple tester's one using 2 10's and one using 2 12's and see how they burn. I know it can be done because I have done it..although it wasn't with C3..it was with 415.I have a friend who uses C3 and she use's HTP wick's, they do burn awesome because I have bought some of her candle's on my off time.Good Luck in whatever you decide to do...:smiley2:

Kimmeroo