Look I made some for me!

candleslh

Those are very nice. I am so happy that you are keeping them.....I have the worst looking candles in my house....the mistakes. I really want one of those molds with ridges..... good fall colors too. Donita

Donita, I love that shape...but it's tin and I cut my hand in 3 places just getting it out and cleaning it up. I love it anyway!:yay: I have noticed you get a lot more frosting when using the tin. I guess because they cool faster than the seamless aluminum ones. I'm with you on those mistakes. I have some of those too.

..but it's tin and I cut my hand in 3 places just getting it out and cleaning it up.

I used to have the same problem with my tin molds, so I bought a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves for when I clean out my molds, and it works like a charm!!!! :grin2:

Great Candles - Love the color and presentation........

I really want one of those molds with ridges.. Donita

Dontia: the fluted molds are nice. I have two 3x6s, one with 34 small ridges & the other has 17 larger ridges - more like the scalloped tart molds. I'll post you a pic in the gallary of the larger one. Put one on your X-mas list - ya just gotta have one :smiley2:

candlelh: love those browns

First of all, those are really pretty, love the display, and am glad you made some for yourself. :D

Secondly, I'm in shock- that Donita doesn't have a fluted mold and didn't even know the name of it-the queen of chandlers (I've seen your workroom hon ;) ) I'm just awed by that, don't ask why! LOL

Thirdly, I always keep all the fuglies also, all the leftovers etc. I never have a nice finished pretty candle here, but I'll tell ya what- My house always and I mean ALWAYS smells AWESOME!! :D

I'm using Astolite PQ right now for my pillars. I would like to switch to a wax

that I can get rustic with. Do you mind me asking what what you used to

get those great looking candles?!

IGI 1343 with stearic. It's a great wax. It mottles very well too! It's pretty versatile. Thanks all for the nice comments. We all need to treat ourselves once in awhile!

I'm jealous. I haven't been able to make any pillars for me lately and it's driving me crazy! I'm either making Fresh scents or Christmas scents, but I personally burn about 99% sweet scents.

I swear this weekend I'm going to clean those 12 molds laying on my floor and make some candles for ME!

DanaE