Am I crazy??

I have been testing the 444 for the past few days, scented with Apple & Clover. The cold throw is excellent, no problems there. This is the crazy part... During the burn I had the candle lit downstairs in my kitchen and I'm up and down the stairs doing household chores. Well, the scent throw is pretty strong when I'm upstairs, but when I go downstairs, where the candle is located, the throw doesn't seem nearly as strong. Has anyone else ever experienced this? The farther away you are the stronger the scent is? I don't think this is just candle nose, as I am able to smell it from a distance...

It just kinda baffled me. I have no fans going, my stairs lead to my computer room, which is enclosed. So it's not like there is a loft or open area. It is so strong upstairs, that I was expecting the scent to knock me in my face when I went downstairs... nope. I've just never noticed this before.

For the record, I am aware that heat rises, I've just never encountered this before with any of my other candles, not to this extent anyway. (Didn't want you guys to think I'm an idiot) I usually smell the fragrance stronger when I'm downstairs near the candle. I actually could even smell it stronger when I was in another room downstairs than I could close up. It was just weird...

There have been other threads on this that I read when trying to figure it out too. They weren't stupid and I'm not stupid either LOL.

I decided it was partially from the drafts in the house but mostly because as I walk away from the candle my nose clears a bit and I can smell it better.

(In my lovely split-level the draft is DOWN the stairs yet I could still smell it stronger upstairs sometimes. Granted the down draft I was feeling was no more than 5-6' above the floor and it's possible the hot air was going UP the stairs above that level.)

But sometimes the simplest explanation IS it. Heat rises and may take the scent with it.

This has been happening with me. Not going upstairs but enclosing a large room and burning a candle. The scent is awesome and even a couple hours after blowing the candle out I can walk in that room and smell it.

BUT burning the same candle in my kitchen I am not getting a good scent throw.Not what I am used to.I have changed waxes and most scents seem good. Just wondered about this.I posted this in a thread a couple hours ago.Saying it might be candle nose and not me changing waxes.

I am used to my candles scenting the kitchen, some of the great room and the scent will travel down the hall. Just seems that isn't happening but in the enclosed room. Then a knock out throw.

LynnS