favorite container candle wax

I like the apothecary jars myself. I double wick them and since there is such a wide opening, the scent throw is better. They work great in my living room and kitchen. But I use jelly jars also and those do good in smaller rooms.

Good grief, sorry. I got interrupted by my kid when I was reading your question. Don't know why I thought you were asking about jars. I must've read too many posts yesterday! LoL

I am testing the 4627 right now and I'm really liking it. It's a mess to work with but the scent throw is great. The strongest I've tested.

Chuck,

I just got a sample slab of this the other day. I've only made 1 candle with it due to having a sick child. I had wondered how long to let it cure since there is so much soy in it. But it set up beautifully. No wet spots or frosting. I used blueberry muffins with navy liquid dye. Got great color. How much fo do you normally use pp? I just used 1 oz. I'm using cd wicks. I hope it works out for me since I can get it out of the Dallas warehouse

I use 4630-it reminds me a lot of 4627, except that its less messy (it's cutable vs. Scoopable).It has great scent throw and I think its easy to wick.Your main deciding factor in choosing a wax should be what wax the supplier closest to you supplies, since shipping on wax is quite pricey.

Tennessee Candle Supply carries the 70/30 wax by Clarus. I use the cd wicks and never really worry about curing the candles. I use between a 6% to 7% fo load and usually get a strong ht and ct. I have tried every other pre-blend mentioned in this thread and didn't fine any of them that could come up to the ease of this wax. Its not to say that the wax never has issues...I mean we are talking soy here, but on average this wax is tops (IMHO).

Chuck

• 3 months later...

I use Tennessee as well for their 70/30 and it is phenomenal but.......it is really expensive and with shipping, comes out to b $2.00 a lb if not a lil more. A lil too much for me so I am looking for a new wax. Anyone like Farmhouse 50/50?? Looking for a 70/30 or 50/50 blend that is good. I wanted to try a sample of JS 50/50 but it appears you have to order a whole case online. I do not see a 5 or 10 lb slab listed.