Pouring Into Clamshells

Farmhouse Treasures

I too use a metal pour pot, I will lay the side of my pour pot against the counter top when I'm pouring to help steady it a bit.

I keep a small piece of paper towel in hand to wipe the spout after each pour, and to get the spilled wax off, I have found it's easier for me to scrape it off after it has dried.

If I try to wipe it while it's wet, I usually end up scooting the clamshell and making a bigger mess.

HTH

Jennifer

The metal pour pots are much more difficult to use for clamshells than the glass measuring cups (even the 8 cup is easier, but heavy). Maybe you can put your clamshells up on boxes or right at the edge of the counter when you pour so the spout on the metal pot isn't so far away from the shell. it may make things easier. You can move them fairly quickly once the start to set up a little.

I found that elevating the clamshells on something makes it much easier to pour. I put the clamshells in rows on a tray and then put the try up on a box (candle jar boxes work great) and then pour. This way the pour pot is much closer to the clamshell and it doesn't splash nearly as much.

You can also get really inexpensive plastic turntables to put on top of the boxes and then put the try on there to pour. Put a piece of non-skid on the turntable to keep the tray from sliding. I have about four of these I use all the time. When I've filled one side of the tray, I just gently turn the tray on the turntable to fill the other side.

This same method works well for votives too.

Sandi

I bought some small metal measuring cups, I think that they hold 16oz. I have some metal trays that I put the clamshells on top of. I then fill the measuring cup 1/2 or a little more. For me it was easier to control the pouring by not having it completely full.