Peak favorites?

Darbla

I haven't placed an order from Peak in a loooooong time, but I want some votive wick pins and they have the best price I've seen so far. So what are your favorites from there these days?

How is their 'Spiced Cranberry', and do they still have the best patchouli? I'm wanting to make a patchouli / lavender blend, among other uses for it.

And speaking of patchouli, I just checked the price for a pound at Peak and it's $15.95. So is the price back down on that? Several months back it had shot sky high because of a shortage.

Darbla

I love the smell of Spiced Cranberry, but I haven't been able to get it to throw in any of my waxes...weird because I really love Peaks FO's and rarely have that trouble. My favorites and kick butt in all three of my waxes (none of which are soy) are:

Blueberry Muffin

Cinnamon Buns

Sweet Pumpkin Spice

White Tea & Ginger

Hazelnut Cappi

and Bayberry (which is my favorite of all time - love it)

I can't speak for the Patchoulli, but Peak's Lavender is the best I have tried. I have to use 1/4 to 1/2 less then what I would normally use depending on my application (wax, spray, lotion, etc)

Probably nothing you didn't already know though, but just in case : )

Pink Sugar and Cinnamon Buns~~the best out there for these 2 fragrances IMO :)

Casaba Mist~~a very strong and clean scent

French Vanilla and Amber~~another strong one

Ocean~~a few months ago someone sent me a soap she made w/ this and I had to get me some, it smells wonderful!

Botanical Orchard and Nectar~~normally I don't like real sweet fragrances, but I like this one. Sweet but not too sweet.

Mac Apple~~very true, smells like a juicy, crunchy fresh apple. Also great mixed with cinnamon.

Sorry I don't know about the Patchouli, but I'm interested in any comments too.

Darbla, the patchouli which shot sky high is the essential oil, not the fragrance oil. The fragrance oil would be priced similar to other fragrance oils. They do not vary so much in price like essential oils whose prices can differ vastly due to how they are obtained.

Thanks! That gives me several to think about.

Darbla, the patchouli which shot sky high is the essential oil, not the fragrance oil. The fragrance oil would be priced similar to other fragrance oils. They do not vary so much in price like essential oils whose prices can differ vastly due to how they are obtained.

It hit FOs too, that contain patchouli EO.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73562&highlight=patchouli

There are definitely some patchouli FOs that have shot up price wise. But some pathouli FOs have not and I think that may be because some have only a small % of patch in them.

Here are some of my favs from Peaks:

French Vanilla

Country Berry Hotcakes

Warm Apple Pie

MacIntosh Apple

Asian Sandalwood

Rose Bouquet

Fresh Brewed Coffee

Cornucopia

Apple Blossom

Mango Papaya

Gingerbread Cookies

Ocean

There are still a lot of their oils I haven't tried yet. But out of all the ones I tried the only one I was disappointed in was the spiced cranberry. Didn't throw well in my parafin, soy, or parasoy blend candles.

For a great cranberry I use CS' Cranberry Marmalade. Mmmmm..

Green Clover and Aloe

Cinnabuns

Lilac

Rose Bouquet

Green Tea

Med. Fig

In fact I get most of my fo's from Peak's they have been tried and trues for me.

Lemon Pound Cake continues to be a best seller for me.

Ocean another huge seller

Amish Harvest

I used their Spiced Cranberry in IGI 4625.. doesn't throw hot for me very well, but the CT is pretty good.. I love the scent!

My other favs from them:

Creamy Praline Pecan

Hot Cocoa - a definite fab IMO

Fruit Slices

Capp Hazlenut

Honestly I haven't tried any other suppliers FOs to compare.. I started with Peaks and haven't felt the urge to switch yet.. I really love their scents.

• 3 weeks later...

I know some people mix lavender and patchouli, but have any of you Peak lovers mixed their lavender with their patchouli? (If there's better choices for this mix out there, clue me in!)

Do they have a regular rotation of sales? Say, one every February? :naughty:

I'm so itching to place this order. I'm definitely getting a bunch of wick pins, and interested in these FOs:

'Patchouli Patchouli'

'Lavender'

'Heather'

'Black Canyon'

'Coconut Milk'

'Genuine Leather'

'Green Clover & Aloe'

'Ocean'

'Storm Watch'

'Tall Grass'

'Tuscan Nights'

I wish the sampler pack gave at least 2 oz for each scent. I wonder if they'd let me buy two sampler packs of identical FOs?

I mix Peak's patchouli with Peak's lavender in CP soap and sometimes I add a bit of their key lime with it. Go easy on their lavender as it is killer strong.

:shocked2: That sounds divine! And thanks for the tip about how strong it is.

Since you brought it up, I could swear I read on another thread about patchouli that people are using less than the same from other suppliers. If you normally use an ounce per pound of wax, how much less would you say to use? Like say, go down to 3/4 oz / pound?

That 'French Vanilla & Amber' sounds heavenly. I have made dozens of votives of 'Amish Harvest'. It is one of my most favorite FOs.

How does 75% lavender + 25% patch sound for a blend? Or would you recommend a different ratio?

OK, Peak is just awesome! I emailed them last night asking if I could buy multiples of the same FOs in the sample packs, and got a nice reply today. I'll definitely be doing this!

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. You are certainly welcome to purchase multiples of the same fragrance in your sample packs. I hope that helps and good luck with your testing!

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Thank you for choosing Peak Candle Supplies. We appreciate your business.

Kind Regards,

Chelsea Strabala

Peak Candle Supplies

Sent: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:31:11 -0700

To: info@peakcandle.com

Subject: Sample pack question

I generally like to buy 2 oz of a new FO to test. That gives me an ounce to play with in wax and an ounce for soap or other stuff. May I purchase two of the sampler packs, and have an identical list of FOs in each?

I agree with the French Vanilla and Amber. I also really like their Nag Champa.

The other really good one, if you like a softer scent (My Girlfriend really likes this one in both soap and candles) is Summer Orange blossom.

The Cool Citrus Basil is a hit in the summer, and the Sage Lemongrass is also excellent. THe Ginger Peach is also nice. I liked the Spiced Cranberry, but I think the Cranberry Citrus, and the Cranberry Apple Marmalade are a bit snappier.

Good luck,

Dave