Jody's "SoapandThings".com:has anyone ordered recently?

scentsme

Has anyone ordered from Soapandthings.com in a while? I ordered a few years back & had a bad experience. The package was sent to the wrong place, took a long time to get & the stuff smelled like cigarettes & was kinda "dusty". I'm wondering if things have gotten better over the years. I need a bunch of stuff(Including a few gallons of base) & it would be great to be able to have it all come from one place to save on shipping. But if it's the way it used to be, I'm not going to order. thanks for any input.

I've ordered within the last year, don't remember exactly when right off, but I personally would never order anything from her again. I ordered the lotion sampler pack and the face and hair sampler pack, right at $40.00 with shipping.

There were pet hairs everywhere, in the bases, under the labels, you name it and some brown specks that I didn't recognize. I contacted her via e-mail (more than once before getting a response) she said that she had been off that day, and the lady that was helping her had accidentally gotten some bottles and jars from a box she had set aside to dispose of because they were contaminated. She said the brown specks were probably cardboard shavings from the box she had thrown them in and appologized for the pet hairs, and once again blamed her assistant.

She did send me a new set of samples at no charge, she stated in a second e-mail that she had personally filled my order and it was on it's way. Those samples were no better, they also had pet hairs both in the samples and under the labels. I didn't bother contacting her again, I figured she would just try to blame someone else (I'm not sure who, since she said she filled the order) and I would get more samples full of pet hair. So I just chalked it up to a bad experience and vowed to never order from her again, which is a shame because she appears to have nice stuff on her site. It would be better if it were usable.

I ordered half ounce jars and the lids were too big. I emailed her several times about the problem and only when I threatened to send them back for a full refund, including shipping, and mark her completely off my vendor list did she respond. With some lame excuse. She did send replacements right away, but she's off the vendor list anyway because of the lame excuse.

There were pet hairs everywhere, in the bases, under the labels, you name it and some brown specks that I didn't recognize.

I ordered m&p from her with "things" in the plastic bag. Hair & dirt.

No more.

Wow. This is gross. I've never ordered from that place, and now that I'm hearing stuff like this... FO SHO I'm not ordering from there... EVER.

That's just nasty.

Boy am I glad I asked!!!!! Thank you everyone! So I see nothing has changed over the years. So much for one stop shopping. What a shame though. They have decent prices & everything you could want, all in one place. You'd think after a few years of the same problems & complaints, that things would change. Thanks again everyone. I am so glad I asked before ordering!!!

I have ordered three times in the last few months and everything was fine. I've gotten mostly styrene molds, some lids and Fierce FO that is so strong I needed to use about half the amount. Haven't tried anything else but the Fierce is to die for.

So sorry I didn't get back here. It is just listed Abercrombie and Fitch. Someone said it was Fierce so I took a chance and ordered it. As soon as my son smelled it we knew it was. He has the real thing. It is great and really strong. HTH

The first time I purchased something from them the products were fine, but shipping was slow and there was no response to email. The box that it arrived in smelled moldy. I figured it was just where they store their boxes.

I didn't order from them in a while and gave them another chance, since then it's been fine. Fast and very reasonable shipping, good clean products and replies to questions.

Jody offers many items that WSP offers and it's cheaper for me to have them shipped from her than WSP's sky high shipping.

I trusted her enough to place a $1200 order, and it was just fine and packaged beautifully.

It seems like it's hit or miss for people.

The first time I purchased something from them the products were fine, but shipping was slow and there was no response to email. The box that it arrived in smelled moldy. I figured it was just where they store their boxes.

I didn't order from them in a while and gave them another chance, since then it's been fine. Fast and very reasonable shipping, good clean products and replies to questions.

Jody offers many items that WSP offers and it's cheaper for me to have them shipped from her than WSP's sky high shipping.

I trusted her enough to place a $1200 order, and it was just fine and packaged beautifully.

It seems like it's hit or miss for people.

I would love to have some of those purple LP jars and the purple lotion bottles....that would just make my partner's year if I could find some of those! We have searched high and low for them and she's the only place I've seen them. It has been so frustrating, I have even considered changing our logo. I may just bite the bullet and give her a shot. Worse case scenario, we'll have to double sanitize everything.

I have ordered twice. The first time I ordered, I only bought one flexible M&P mold to see how the quality was. It took me almost a month to get the one mold. She was hard to get in touch with (via phone or email.) When I finally did get in touch with her she gave me some story about it being USPS's fault that it was taking so long. My package finally got here and it was post marked just a few days before it arrived.

I ventured to order once more to get a few more molds but they arrived in a reasonable amount of time.

My biggest complaint is her website. There is too much going on with the home page....everything is listed in a million different categories....its almost as bad as BitterCreeks site.......

Thank goodness for forums like this! I believe there are those who've had good experiences and those with the other, but I feel it isn't biased really and can make my own decision. I think for small purchases, it might be okay to risk it, but the hair is just gross. I'd DIE if I found out there were hairs in my products. I understand having a pet in a house will make that hard to do, but if you're going to do it at home, keep a space that is truly pet free.

On a side note, I totally agree about the presence of the site. REALLY hard to navigate. There are some cool things on there I haven't seen elsewhere, but there are just some things I like to stay consistent. CS and being able to find a product again are just a couple.

I know that you made your decision, but I just have to add that I purchased from Jody's around 6 months ago. I loved some of her unique bottles so much! However, I was nauseated when they arrived stinking of cigarette smoke. I have to hand wash each one because she would not accept them back. My lip balm tubes were also covered in scratches and she is a slow shipper. Avoid this supplier big time.