Tarts

quietgirl2004

How do you shrink wrap without melting the wax?

Shrink wrapping doesnt melt the tarts, I know when i did it i used my hair dryer, and i know people here use there heat guns, i imagine they use them on low :) Shrink wrapping is a pain though, if you ask me....thats why I stopped doing it haha!

Hope that helps some.

Jessica

We sell our melts out of the cardboard display boxes - same for our votives. I do want to come up with a way to package them, though, for shipping purposes. I also think it would be nice to be able to dress them up a little around the holidays.

We always have cello bags around the displays so customers can mix and match to their heart's content! Around the holidays, we use the decorated cello bags that we find around this time of year on clearance.

clamshells sell okay for me, but I mostly do novelty shapes, butterflies, sunflowers, hearts, buttons, etc. I package most of the larger ones in bags of 6 with tulle or curling ribbon, and an appropriate style hangtag. I sell bags of 6 smaller tarts at $4.00 and larger ones at $5.00. Except for the buttons, they are made with leftover wax and I sell them in asst sized jars with a fabric top over the lid and a hang tag. Two tips I can never stress enough are packaging and freebies. I know my quality is great it's just seperating yourself from other sellers.