For those who have done soy and para...

Ohhhh! I made the switch and I got news for you. It's a whole new ball game when it comes to soy.

I prefer Eco wicks for soy and Ecosoya waxes to Cargill but I have tested C-3. Next to Eco I would use CD wicks I wasn't crazy about the LXs or RRDs. But you'll be experimenting. Request lots of sample wicks where you can. Wick-it and Candlewic are pretty good about sending samples. Generally you will need to wick up with soy and there's a lot of wick guides around to help you with this. Wick-It has one, CanSci has a wick calculator. I would follow the tables as a starting guideline and wick up with certain FOs when needed.

HTH,

J

Oh I'm well aware of the differences in throw. My main concern is wicking, as that was the biggest struggle for me when I first started out with paraffin. Later found out that I had chose a difficult wax to wick as my first!!

I've decided to go with GW444 after reading a lot of the reviews and posts in this section... has a better FO retention and many seem to like working with it more.

Considering it mainly so that I have a variety of offerings. Some don't care what the candle is made of so long as it smells good... some are wanting the vegetable based waxes in their home. Its just up for testing and consideration at this point... haven't gone and tossed my paraffin! I will still be doing my wickless candles with paraffin as well as my tarts. :D

I started with C3 and had a hard time getting it wicked properly and never got a decent scent throw because of that. I love the fact that it comes in flakes though. I ended up using the Ecosoya though after not getting C3 wicked

I'm trying to make an all soy candle.... if I get too frustrated I may try combining them though!!

So far its not too bad... miscalculated a couple of scents that are gonna need a major downwicking, but about 4 scents so far are burning nicely.