My Wick Wall

DanaE

My husband built this, because i have an addiction to wicks. I also have some laying on the floor, and some bins are holding 3 or 4 different sizes! I tried to put one size per bin, but I didn't have enough.

The file is too big. I'll resize it and put it up tomorrow morning.

DanaE

A couple of the rows of bins are missing, I couldn't get them all in the picture. There's over 30 bins altogether.

Okay, I need a 10-step program....

Wait, gonna try this again and see if I can get some more of the bins in the picture...

post-296-139458385478_thumb.jpg

My wicks lived in a box for a long time. I was going crazy trying to find the sizes I needed. I started spreading them out all over the floor.....

So hubby bought a piece of plywood, got the boxes (they come 4 to a set at the hardware store) for a little bit of nothing, and made the wall for me.

I have to say, the amount of time I save by being able to reach over and grab the correct wick immediately is enormous. And my irritation level has dropped by many percentage points. I used to get so mad when I wanted a CD6 and could find everything BUT a CD6 in the darn box that I wanted to throw stuff around.

It's the little things in life that make us happy :yay:

DanaE

What a great idea. I will have to have my husband make something like that for me. Do you use all those wicks????:confused:

For the most part yes. The bins where you can't see the wicks are the ones where I actually took the wicks out of the plastic bags and laid them neatly into the bins. Somewhere along the line I got messy and just started throwing the bags into the bins instead of taking the wicks out.

I make a million (ok, it FEELS like a million) different sizes and shapes of candles and I'm always experimenting. It's great to have any size I want on hand, so I don't have to order wicks to try out new molds or new designs.

The only ones not getting used are the Hemp wicks and the lower numbered LX wicks. I have 3 sizes of hemps and just can't seem to find a use for them. I still test them in various candles but so far they don't seem to work in anything I make......

DanaE