I'm online....

dublon

After almost 4 years of candle making, etc. I finally started doing craft shows this year..actually my first was 2 months ago and I have my second next week... I've tested till I'm sick almost but am finally confident in my products.

So with this said, my website is now finally online..... minus a couple of pics which I'm working on.

Seeing as you guys and gals have been helping me out since the beginning (and I totally thank you one and all for all the help and encouragement) I thought it only normal to come "live" here first.

Any comments or suggestions are really welcome...

www.dublon.ca

I really really like your site. I do have some suggestions though...

On the English side you have "cold" capitalized in the middle of a sentence.

The sentence saying you can also purchase your stuff at other locations is awkward. I have a cold so cannot craft a new sentence but I think it could be re-written.

On the candles page there is no need for the :.

On your gift baskets page you have a picture of a lovely wrapped gift BOX. Maybe you want to call them gift-packs or gift-boxes? Or do you have baskets?

On the soap page, use the words "might be required" instead of "might occur" when speaking of the cure. And your sentence of what oils you use should start with something like... "The oils we use include..."

ON the policies page you have the statement "Please verify the ingredients on the soap labels and products. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, before placing your order." But since they cannot see the label until they get it you might want to take that part out.

Wow... thank you Carol. This is what I need!!!!:yay:

Yes I know, some of my sentences do need work. :embarasse I had been trying to do both the english and french sides at the same time, and some of the phrases were translated really directly... Not good.:laugh2:

As for the gift box.... lol, that is just a placecard ... waiting for another pic of my gift baskets... as soon as I get some made up!!

I need to make some up for the show next week anyways, so hopefully I can get half decent pics of them.

I'll get those other corrections done this afternoon!!!!

The policies page... hmmm I wonder if I were to list my ingredients on the soap page??? After two years of playing around with different CP recipes, I've finally settled on one that I really like and use all the time.

At least that way I can ask people to check the ingredients on the site, before they buy? Or is this really necessary.

I'm really stuck on this one!

Scented... thank you also. I also think I'll need to lighten up that art work underneath.

I really do appreciate both of your comments!!!!:highfive:

Congrats on the site!! It's obvious alot of work went into it. I'm lucky to spell correctly in English! I couldn't imagine 2 languages!

The only thing that really stood out to me was the soap references. The average consumer hasn't a clue as to what HP or CP is - and quite honestly, most could care less. Does it look pretty, smell good & bubble... I found it was hard to drop the industry acronyms, out of sheer habit of using them.

Have you decided on a shopping cart yet?

You could put those links in yellow lol. It might work.

I wouldn't put an ingredients page on the policies page. Ummm, you could slip them onto the page where your products are or you could just add an oil properties page if you want. There's room in that list of links. I've got both on my pages. If you want to see, I could show.

Thank you all for your kind comments and suggestions!!

The links... when you put your cursor over the navigation bar, the links turn yellow!! There's your yellow for ya!! :laugh2:

A properties page!! Hmmm what an excellent idea!! I could just write a quick line or two I imagine.. just enough to let the reader know. Thanks Scented!! Yea I would like to see... just to give me a bit of an idea on how much to write!

As for the webstore.... I was going to go with netfirms commerce pro, but it's kinda complicated, so I think I'll go with something a tad easier. Once I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks, I'll have more time to dabble with that aspect.

At least that way I can ask people to check the ingredients on the site, before they buy? Or is this really necessary.

I'm really stuck on this one!

necessary? maybe not necessary but still a VERY good idea. it will help cut down on return-requests. I know some people list all their ingredients in one place, but *I* prefer to have the ingredient list with every item. We're allergic to almonds, for example, and you might have almond oil in one item and not in another.

Very nice Suzanne!

I think it looks very professional and lovely. Can't wait til you get more pix. Everything looks very pretty and easy to read.

How did you like doing your first craft show? I bet you did great. Very smart to put your craft schedule on your site. I have my craft and market schedule on mine so my customers can find me. Good luck on your next show!

You must be superwoman because you have such a hectic schedule with your greenhouse, soaps, and candles. You make me tired just thinking about it.

Candy