Anyone tried this with a snowman?

Oh yes, I have...but not as time consuming as they've done it.

Start with a cone mold, pour your white pillar, then when its set up, mold your wax around the outside to come up with your Frosty!!

I use mini buttons for the charcoal, twig arms, tie a scarf around him...you get the idea.

• 10 months later...

I'm trying my hand at these but I don't know what to use for eyes, buttons, etc that are okay to decorate with that can be burned since we never know what people do with them after they buy them. Someone near me at a show last year sold tons of these so I thought I would try some. Any ideas out there???:D

I made these last year and they were a big hit around here. I balled up melted wax into the balls, placed on top of each other slid a wick pin up through them. The only problem I ran into was that the balls of wax tend to slide before they get really cool. So, I had to keep reforming them until they completely cooled.

For the eyes, mouth and buttons, I used Peppercorns. His nose, I cut a piece of orange wax into a triangle/cone shape and stuck it in. Picked up some twigs and made the arms, then wrapped a scarf around his neck and placed a straw hat on his head. HTH Portia