BCN's Vanilla Stabilizer

CareBear

Lots of gritties here with IFT Pk Sugar, mixed 50/50. I made a batch last week with 1 oz PS and 1/2 Oz VS. Will try it later this week. Grit forms after about 10 days. The soap is not real dark, kinda beige color. Could live with it, just don't like grit/crystals. Used VS in Van Bean Noel and got light cream bar & no grit. Carole

I've used it in a few batches, even pink sugar and haven't had any grittiness issues. Actually I just used it today in IFT's Flowerbomb - I'll post pics if I can get my camera batteries to charge. Pink Sugar can crystallize so IMHO it's the FO.

I have had your PS soap with the FO modifier for over a year and it is still beautiful pretty pink and light cream color. Not gritty at all. None of your soaps are gritty.

I haven't noticed a problem

I had one person who noticed grits in my Vanilla Stabilizer BCN pink sugar bar, but I noticed after I made that batch and shipped out that my pink sugar FO actually had crystals in the bottom of it. Some extra exfoliation I guess :)

but I have used it in many other bars so far with good luck

Wierd!!!!!!!! The 2nd batch of PS soap I made with Van Stab definitely had gritties. I packed it in a box after it cured and now it has no gritties to speak of. They like disappeared. :confused: :confused: Everyone check your soaps, maybe they degrit with time. This soap was made end of July or Aug. Carole

I have not had any grittiness in my bars. But I did notice that any fo high in vanilla and using a colorant like pink fd&c dyes actually turned my soap more orange than pick, without the browning.

Also, just a thought here, but have you ever noticed any crystals in your fo to begin with? I know sw's pink sugar does adn they even have a disclaimer on ht bottle of vanilla based fo's and crytalization occurring. This may be the culprit and not the stabilizer after all. Just a thought.

So far I have used the vanilla stabilizer in OMH and Gingersnap and I'm sorry to say, but I'm not very happy. Both just don't have the same wonderful smell to the soap.

I'm thinking I would rather have brown soap than sacrifice the wonderful smell of the FO's.

Vanessa

When I made the batch with the crystals it gelled. But I had extra that I poured off into a little mold and that didn't gel. It did, however, form the crystals/grit anyway.

So we can eliminate gel from the equation.

ETA: the soap is well over a month old and crystals abound.