sweetcakes

seattle70

I haven't yet decided whether they're totally worth it, but they're good. I like reading the scent descriptions.

The owner is soap-centric so there are definitely fragrances that don't candle so well and misses are expensive. Even though soap fragrances are perfectly compatible with candles, it can be a problem that they aren't specifically formulated and tested to smell good in candles. With soap you can go a lot more for nuances that don't came across in hot throw. But I have definitely run across fragrances that I'm excited about using.

One of the things that makes shipping expensive is the glass bottles!

I do use some of them. They are expensive, but the ones that I use, I just can't find a comparison for anywhere else. I just don't want to sacrifice that quality in my products. If you order 5 lbs of a fragrance, they send it in a plastic gallon jug. This does save on shipping.

I am one of those that think that you get what you pay for. I have always ordered from companies that package in amber glass bottles. It makes the FO last longer.

I have spent too much money on cheap FO when I first started soaping and will never do it again. Comparing places like Sweetcakes, Brambleberry, and Soapcrafter's is absolutley no comparison to a place like Wellington. The benefit to using FO that come from a company listed above is that you use far less per lb. so your "savings" in buying cheap and using much more is very minimal when it comes down to it.

As far as throw in candles.... I do not know since I do not make them.. I am only talking about soap but that it my experience.

I have tried and had much success with these scents in bathbombs:

Ice Cap - I think its called the Vicks FO or something like that

Breathless - Really nice dupe of the VS scent

Maybe Baby

Tuberrose

Awupuhi Seaberry

Very nice fragrances, very strong, but not my first choice to shop as they are very expensive, but when you need em you need em.

Like they say they are more for soaps. That must be what they test in cause they do not always throw in wax. I am one that does not want glass bottles, I use a lb or more in one day and sure don't need my money thrown in the garbage cause it last longer that way. I have had plastic bottles with scent for several years and it compares with the same scent bought a week ago so give me plastic. Maybe for some that don't use a lot of scent at a time glass is great. Just wish I had a choice, I really don't think it would make that much difference in product cost just in shipping. I love SweetCakes Hyacinth, have tried others but none compare, it throws great in soy wax and in soap it in sooo nice. Their Peony is just like smelling the real thing still growing in your yard, but didn't throw in a candle for me but in soap it is wonderful. I have several of their scents I'm saving just to make soap, after the candle season cools off. They are so worth it if you find out which one throws in your wax. Dee just bought Lime Margarita and cold throw is yummy in a tart she gave me to try. HTH

Hi Seattle,

I have used Sweetcakes for many years in my soap and they are great! They do very stringent quality control and it shows in their oils. BTW, I am burning a soy candle made with their "True Rose" fragrance oil and my whole house smells like a rose garden - wonderful cold & hot throw! I am new to candle-making, so I have not yet tried many of their oils in candles. It is true that they are pricier than the other companies out there, so I am going to start experimenting with sample oils from several of these companies to compare.

I use them and like the quality.

You do get what you pay for. I have tried lots of them and some are just not so great. But the winners are A_+++ all the way.

I have some on the sale board for cheap if you want to experiment.

I love the amber too, lasts longer in the bottle that way. They always ship quickly. Never had a problem with them.

I LOVE their Sweetgrass,cedar and sage

Man, I love Sweetcakes. Like in an unhealthy stalkerish way. I constantly hit the website to see what they have now. Their Citron et Figue is absolutely unbelievable, and throws like NOTHING else in soy. I use four of their EO blends in my B&B stuff, and they are amazing, as well.

I hear ya Kim! The cost is a huge turn-off for me as well. I've purchased a few from them like Burberry Touch, Clean and I forget the other one. I used them in candles and they threw great but I can get other fragrance oils that throw just as strong at a much cheaper price...so I more than likely won't buy from them any more. You may say you get what you pay for...but a higher price doesn't necessarily mean your always getting a better product. You can still get great scents that throw like crazy without paying an arm and a leg for it. JMO

I totally believe in the concept you get what you pay for.

However- check out the Fracas. Its 50.00 for 4 oz. How can one justify spending that much on a fragrance? Its cutting way too deep in my bottle line. I have a TON of oils, many that were pricey and well worth it. But to use those oils in candles instead of B&B would mean a huge increase in cost thus driving the retail price of your product almost out of the market.

I totally agree with Kim and Fern, there are alot of other good companies out there with less expensive oils with the same results.

Yeah. the $50 for 4 oz is just ridiculous. From what I understand, the perfumes they use in those blends are high in cost, so they have to charge more for those blends. However, that doesn't mean I have to use them. I will splurge on a few from them, but the only ones I can justify buying are the $32 per pound and lower ones - that's spendy enough for me.

I have a dozen of their oils or more that I use and do great in my candles. I have never had a problem with them throwing in 100% soy or soy/paraffin blend. Most I use 1 oz./lb or less for a strong throw. The complexity of their scents is unbeatable and I haven't found any other supplier that comes close to matching some of these FO's.