Packed And Loaded and Ready to Go...

islandgirl

My craft show has been cancelled... as my grandmother is in the hospital. I appreciate any and all thoughts for her recovery.. Thanks and I do hope everyone kicks butt and sells everything and is in a panic for the next show!!!

Sorry to hear about your show and Grandma...:cry2:

Well, the show was OK.. I did well, but not what I expected.

That was the answer I got from most vendors today.

Fist time at this show and I froze my *ss Off..

I could not feel my figures and toes for most of the day!!!

THANK GOD this is my last outdoor show of the season..

Most people were cramming food in their faces!!! LOL

Food was the big seller!!!

The crowds had hand fulls of food, not to many bags of crafts..

Hey Scented.. My weights worked great!!

It was a cold and windy day and my tent did not budge!!! WhaHoo...

Now go make yours and post a picture!!:cool2:

Hope the rest of you made lots of money!!!

LMAO!! Nooooooooo. I like the idea of theft and stealing from you LMAO.

I think Rockin was a bit chilled for his first day of this two-day event. Got tomorrow and next weekend outdoors. So far sales sound like they are good, but damn ... I bet they would have rocketed with your weights ... lol.

Must wait for him to do the PVC and cement part first and then sneak in there are make them look purty.

I had a church craft show today and I only made $63 (that's not including the warmers), but I only had melts with me and warmers. I probably would of made more If I would of made jar candles. Last year nobody wanted them but this year I had people ask for them.

And I spent $48 there, lol.

There was this lady who made fall/halloween shirts they were soooo cute, that I couldn't pass them up. So I bought one each for my boys and one for me to wear to the corn maze thing next weekend. They have a scarecrow face on them, they are adorable.

And I bought a hand made bear it's nice for the boys to share. It cost $20. My oldest was with me and wouldn't stop hounding me for it. That was a first for me, I've never spent more than $10 on a stuffed animal.

I also got the cat (Shawn aka Meow Meow) something to, I traded a lady 10 tarts for a cat house with toys on it, HE LOVES IT. I think I got the better deal on that though.

Hopefully next week will be better.

Mindy

LMAO!! Nooooooooo. I like the idea of theft and stealing from you LMAO.

I think Rockin was a bit chilled for his first day of this two-day event. Got tomorrow and next weekend outdoors. So far sales sound like they are good, but damn ... I bet they would have rocketed with your weights ... lol.

Must wait for him to do the PVC and cement part first and then sneak in there are make them look purty.

Scented - I think you and I are about the only ones whose other half does our shows for us since we sometimes can't and they help us so much. Rockin and Papa Bear couldn't be replaced now could they? I don't know what I'd do without PB. Everybody should have a Rockin and Papa Bear in their life.

I wonder who else has a better half that helps them?

Scented - I think you and I are about the only ones whose other half does our shows for us since we sometimes can't and they help us so much. Rockin and Papa Bear couldn't be replaced now could they? I don't know what I'd do without PB. Everybody should have a Rockin and Papa Bear in their life.

I wonder who else has a better half that helps them?

Most of the time as his schedule permits. I have a 4 day show coming up he will be there 2 of the days (the busier days) the other 2 he has to work his other job which I am fine with cause they are normally slower. One of the days I will have my friends daughter come down for her job shadowing thing.

It's nice to hear that there are other men out there that help. We are truly blessed to have them.

ETA that I am very thankful too that PB will do a show on his own from set to take down. I think the women just love it when they see a man in the booth. Our men can be the biggest salesmen for our products doncha think?

My DH is selling today too! He LOVES women and they seem to love him. They always remember him from show to show and he pinches every penny out of them that he can. He gets 10% commission and all the food he can eat and I get a salesman.

Sounds like you have a working plan and a wonderfully supportive DH.

I do realize too that there are other ways our men can support us and our businesses other than just running our booths.

There's more Rockins and Papa Bears out there than I thought. Love it!! :cool2:

I physically could not do a show alone as far as setting up and tear down. All the display furniture my husband built is so freaking heavy that I could not get it in/out of the trailer alone. So he has to be there. As far as "doing" the show, that just is not his bag. He keeps track of the kiddos for me and shuffles them to birthday parties, soccer and baseball games on the weekends I do shows, so he is my awesome behind the scenes guy. He did come up briefly yesterday and I got a potty break. I walked back to find four people waiting to check out and my poor husband trying to operate the cash register with a look kind of like this on his face:

Shocked.jpg