Packed And Loaded and Ready to Go...

islandgirl

I physically could not do a show alone as far as setting up and tear down. All the display furniture my husband built is so freaking heavy that I could not get it in/out of the trailer alone. So he has to be there. As far as "doing" the show, that just is not his bag. He keeps track of the kiddos for me and shuffles them to birthday parties, soccer and baseball games on the weekends I do shows, so he is my awesome behind the scenes guy. He did come up briefly yesterday and I got a potty break. I walked back to find four people waiting to check out and my poor husband trying to operate the cash register with a look kind of like this on his face:

Shocked.jpg

That is too cute..

I have the best husband in the world..but he would be like a bull in a china closet in a booth..

That look is exactly the way my DH would be when it came checkout time! He's good at chatting up the customers, but don't ask him to handle the money!!!

My son is great in the booth, too--I think men just have better luck selling to women than we do.

My hubby is my webmaster, web designer and all around tech guy! I could learn it, but he knows it already. :D

He's also my assistant bottle filler and helps me package. Never complains when I go do a show, and even brings the kids by so they can see me "at work." I usually take my best friend to my shows, we catch up on gossip during the slow times. And we help each other by trading anti-social moments. LOL

I wish everyonne AWESOME luck at their shows this year. I am only doing a couple so I hope that y'all rake in all the big bucks! I'll live vicariously through you. :cheesy2: