My New Soap Toy

Billie

I just tried out this plastic mold with HP and love it. It is a little larger than my normal bar ( 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 x 1 1/2 ) but comes out smooth and the edges are rounded. The top of the soap is a little rough (normal HP) but that is fine for me as I don't sell. The one on the right in the last pic is the rough side. :grin2: The mold came from http://www.shape-master.com/

post-2727-139458450089_thumb.jpg

post-2727-139458450093_thumb.jpg

post-2727-139458450095_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone, my second try at HP and I like the double broiler, it seems to be creamier for me. These are scented Cool Water with ultramarines. I like not having to cut. They range from 6.5 to 7 oz. because I wasn't being consistant with filling them level. You could just fill them to desired height or maybe over fill and slice off top for smoothness before unmolding. I read that someone cuts them in half for 50 bars and packages them up in twos. Thanks for looking.

I don't really know. The site lists from Honda parts to HP soapmaking but doesn't give temperature ranges. The site says ABS plastic so I wouldn't think they could go in to an oven. Googling ABS says temperature up to 140. Maybe someone else would know. Sorry not much help.