Just Starting

Kayla

Hello everyone

This is my first post. I ask alot of questions so I'm sure you'll here from me again. I want to get a beginner kit, but i'm a little overwhelmed by all the products and information out there. I notice some people mentioned Peaks kits but it just doesnt seem like enough. Can anyone recommend a really good kit that will give me eveything I need to get started.

Thank You,

Kayla

Hello and welcome. I'm fairly new also, but know you will not find a kit that contains everything you need. In my opinion Peaks Container kit is the best value. If container is what you want to make. That is what I bought and was very satisfied. The only other extras I needed to buy was a hot glue gun and a scale. Hope this helps:confused:

Actually the kit is probably just enough for someone starting out. This will give you a taste of candlemaking with a minimal investment. If you find you really like doing it, then you can add on additional supplies. And some of the stuff you won't have to order, because it came with the kit.

Welcome to the board!

Hello and welcome!!! :grin2:

I didn't start with a kit, but man I wish I had known they were out there. I had to scrounge everything up. I would definately say snatch up a kit. It will be enough to get you started.

oh and be sure to pick up some wax paper to cover your work area. It will help for spills until you get your candle arm built up. lol

Paper towels are live savers!!! chopsticks to stir. these are just extra things that help out but the kit will be all the essentials.

Thanks for the quick replies. So I guess I'll go ahead with the kit from Peaks. I wish I had a place close by that I could pick it up. I'm so anxious to get started.

I paid a total of $60 for the container kit. That includes shipping so not bad. I'm so happy that is what I started with. Good Luck:highfive:

Welcome to the Board!!!! I started with Peaks Pillar kit and it was well worth the money,,,I added up how much it would be if I bought all this indvidually and it is way MORE then the kits price and this way,,,you get everything you need for it,,,,HTH :grin2:

Greetings and Welcome

Alot of people use Peaks, and I agree, its a good company. Just to put some info out there tho, Natures Garden has a few good kits as well..... that is where I got my start.. but I would suggest looking around and finding one that suits your needs.... JMHO :grin2:

Welcome to the boards and welcome to the candle making business. It's fun and addicting.

This site is great with people willing to help you and give advice. Without these people- I would be LOST!

I started with a kit- parrafin from Cajun Candle. I didn't know about other sites as I didnt do my research.. Just found Cajun through a websearch and bought from them. Even though I don't personally care for their pillar wax, they have great customer service. I thought the kit was perfect for me. It was not " too overwhelming" .

Trust me , all kits are the best way to go. You may seem like you aren't getting a lot, but for a newbie starting out, you dont want to be overwhelemed at first. Trust me, you need to do a bunch of research and that will be overwhelming enough. Take it step by step and you will do great.

And be like me- never hold back a question no matter how stupid it may sound to you. I probably look like a crack head 1st grader " to this board with the questions I come up with, but ya know what?? --- No one laughs, and everyone is very willing to help you.

HTH

Christina