soy prices

I sure hope it comes down, but like Candy said not holding my breath. We called to order our waxes the other day and were told that all waxes have gone up 15 to 20 dollars case soy included. Our stock is low and we are debating discontinuing waxes all together at these prices.

Glo

• 3 weeks later...

What? My wax just went up for a shipment coming in on Tues.Was $54.00 but will be $63.00. I might change for the same wax but cheaper. At least for now but sure the other company will be going up after they are out. But then it is mentioned here one company went down?????

Alot of fluctuating. I must stay with locals because of high shipping costs.

LynnS

HeavenScentU,

Yes finally gas is going down but we as shoppers will NEVER see groceries etc go down. I paid $2.99 for a box of saltine crackers.:confused: Some meat costs that.

Seems to me the suppliers aren't ordering as much wax as they used to.Only want to get what they can sell and being cautious. I did a craft show and in the past there were 35 candlemakers This year if I counted right in the program there were 12. Seem alot are getting out and one of my suppliers said sales are down.

Gas companies sure got everything else to be hiked up and now they are going down for the time being.My propane supplier almost doubled what we pay monthly and the price is not a sure thing.It is a projection he said. Was $150 now $259. :sad2:

LynnS

Many suppliers lock in their price on waxes for a set period of time. So they are stuck with that price, good or bad, until the time period runs out on the lock. Does that make sense?

So if your supplier was trying to help you overcome those price increases by locking the price and then the price actually goes down, they are stuck with the more expensive stuff. It's like a big came of throwing dice.

Sandi

I did very well at my craft show this last weekend, however, out of about 40 vendors, there were 2 selling candles, so needless to say, most of the money I made in sales was from candles. I had to remake more for the next day and used 1/2 and 1/2 so that they would cure faster since selling so fast. They did not mind that they were not all soy.

Hi Deb, Where did you have your craft show? I went to the Lake County Fair grounds last weekend and there was only one candle vendor and it was for paraffin molded candles. There was absolutely no chandlers what so ever. I figured it was because of the price of soy wax. In Illinois we are getting gouged big time. I usually use Millcreeks and I had to switch to Candle Cocoon/ Enchanted Lights because she was cheaper. I am a little disappointed with the craft shows in Illinois.

I did very well at my craft show this last weekend, however, out of about 40 vendors, there were 2 selling candles, so needless to say, most of the money I made in sales was from candles. I had to remake more for the next day and used 1/2 and 1/2 so that they would cure faster since selling so fast. They did not mind that they were not all soy.

I am in central IL, farmington. It is called the spoon river scenic drive. Several counties involved. It went really well. I never know where to get wax. I would like to get some 50/50 but everyone is so expensive esp. with shipping.

I get my wax from DPS Morris wax right here in Illinois. I only buy my EcoSoya PB wax from them right now. As for my 50/50 mix is from JS. I used to use the 6036 but almost every one stopped carring it. Except Aztec but they want 83.40 a case plus shipping. So as soon as I start to run low on my 50/50 I am going to call DPS and find out If they carry it. Regina

I have been mixing 6006 and ez soy and it is great. cheaper to mix two, saves on cost but nice to have it already mixed. DP morris is high and so is the shipping. Unless, I am looking at it wrong. I wish I was closer to them so I could go pick it up. Let me know if they have 50/50

I don't understand this. Everywhere I shop the soy wax is significantly cheaper per lb. Am I just shopping at the right places? If so, yippee!

There was absolutely no chandlers what so ever. I figured it was because of the price of soy wax. In Illinois we are getting gouged big time. I usually use Millcreeks and I had to switch to Candle Cocoon/ Enchanted Lights because she was cheaper.

Our gas prices are also going down; I filled up my tank yesterday $2.65 & have heard groceries are going down also....AMEN...time will tell if it all does though!!

I get all my wax from BitterCreek when they have the yrly Convention - they haul your order there so NO shipping charges...it has 'definitely' helped me out!! Otherwise to have it shipped is a 'killer'

~Carlena~

www.carlenascreations.com