WICK Storage??

Good afternoon!

I wanted to get some imput on what is a good way to store your wicks that you will still know what the size is and what is for, etc..

Any advice will be appreciated.. I am trying to organize and get my stuff all together in one place and not allover my kitchen~ LOL

Thanks so much!!;)

I usually just keep them in the bags they came in so I know which ones are which.

Another way is to use large ziploc bags and write the name on the outside of the bag.

I also have one of those plastic drawer bins that I keep my wicks in. Different draws for different type wicks. I get the plastic drawer bins at Big Lots or Target, Walmart, etc.

I use the containers with drawers. I take the label off the bag of wicks and stick it on the front of the drawer. The smaller size drawers hold a pack of 100 wicks. If you use larger amounts, you'd need a larger drawer.

See I couldn't do that cause I would pull the package out and if I didn't put it away right after I finished using it I might not remember which wicks they are without a name on the bag. Why not put a name on both?

I use the large zip lock bags and then put the bags in one of those plastic storage bin. Put a label on the bag and write name and size. I also keep a piece of construction paper on desk next to pouring table that I have all my jars written on and the size of wick I use in them.

I use a shoebox to organize labeled baggies of wicks by size in drawers of one of those 3 drawer plastic storage thingys. I color code the base of each wick type with a Sharpie so I can tell at a glance what size it is... it's a PITA, but something to do while watching TV...When I trim a wick after pouring, if the leftover is a usable length, I put it into a labeled baggie so I can attach sustainer bases (also while watching TV). I have very little wick waste. :D

I have the plastic drawers that started the collection, small cardboard boxes that continued the collections, a big drawer that has the plastic bags labeled that is continuing the collections. I have so much trouble remembering my color codes that I started with that now I just write the name on the base. Then I always know what wick it is without guessing. The plastic drawers (from Wally world) are the easiest, but do take up more room. I don't have more than 100 of any type of wick, so if you buy bunches, you might need bigger drawers! Good luck on organizing! Beth

• 4 weeks later...

I use those walmart plastic boxes they work great. Except I am a neat freak and I printed labels from Avery program to put on the box. :D If I have a bunch of small bags I just keep them in the bag they came in and put them all in one plastic box.

I'm terrible. I just have these big boxes that I write in magic marker on the outside. Just the wick size and if it is one of my regular jars I say that too. I am guessing that those clear shoe box containers from Walmart might work good. You could write on the end the wick size and just stack them up.

I am lucky...I am able to use 1 size of wicks for all my candles. I buy thousads at a time and I store them in a plastic container. I get the container from Target and it is a white cube with a lid to where you can flip up one side of the lid at a time. Cute, compact and easy.

• 4 weeks later...