Rose and Coconut

bells4shells

Alright - I made the oils and lye water last night and soaped this about an hour ago. I didn't use any fragrance, but I did use a distilled rose water (smelled wonderful!) and coconut milk.

I wanted really soft colors and I wanted white soap mixed with the pink and orange (kinda looks like mac and cheese no?). I mixed in some TD and hope it will end up white instead of a yellowish color like my others. I can't wait to cut this up! Anyhow, I had to share. :D

post-8116-139458449881_thumb.gif

post-8116-139458449885_thumb.gif

Thanks u two! :D

This is my 5th log of soap I've made. It's just so exciting to get ideas and try them out. I just pulled it from the fridge cause I was reading to keep it cold if using milk so that it doesn't gel. I had some left over soap and put it into a pretty single bar mold that already popped out and is curing.

Still really excited to take out this log and cut it cause it's got swirlies underneath too! This is my first time trying a swirling method. I did mine at a thicker trace so next time I wanna try thinner and get more swirls. No more mac and cheese look. lol

Alright, I've got out of log pics as well as cut. I'm a bit sad since the swirling didn't continue into the bottom like I thought it would, but I still love the colors in this. It's really creamy feeling and I used a tiny end piece to see how much lather I'd get. Quite a few tiny bubbles - I'm really happy with how it turned out otherwise.

rosecoconut_log.jpg

rosecoconut.jpg