In tribute to my dog

Meridith

Yesterday I had to have my dear sweet dog put down. He was approx. 13 yrs old. I say approx. because I got him 12+ years ago he was full grown and so his age was always an estimation.

Dh (Papa Bear) and I made this together. It is scented with "Enchantment" from OT&L. We knew the soap would discolor to an olivey green color but decided to try to swirl in yellow since Lucky Boy was a yellow labbie mix. We wanted brown swirled in but were not sure it would be brown so at the last minute we added charcoal to swirl in black.

It is still in the mold in the pictures.

post-121-13945844955_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458449553_thumb.jpg

Awwwww sorry about your dog! I have one that is 13 and I am pretty sure she won't make it through this winter (lots of issues)...even tho she is a big house baby. They become so much a part of the family....just like one of your babies.

Soap is lovely!

Awwwww sorry about your dog! I have one that is 13 and I am pretty sure she won't make it through this winter (lots of issues)...even tho she is a big house baby. They become so much a part of the family....just like one of your babies.

Soap is lovely!

13 is a tough age for larger dogs. This dog's life span chart in my vet's office shows that a large dog (50-70lbs I think it was) has a life expectancy of 8-10 years. I feel good knowing LB went beyond what was expected. He was a house boy too. I bet you love your doggie as much as we do ours. Even my 2 other dogs are grieving. It's been a family thing.

• 2 weeks later...